Upgrading my Telecaster - How Far Should I Go?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• Axecaster seem to be one of the good guys, and it would be bad business for him to recommend a duff item, so I'm confident you'll like it :)

It's addictive, I'll warn you. I have a Tele body that needs electrics. And a neck.

Probably won't be done till the end of the year, which is a bit sad, but I know it'll be a stunner!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • asimmdasimmd Frets: 115
    Well that was the reason I chose a cheapo,then if I made a pigs ear of it,it wouldn't hurt quite as much. If all goes well I already have a project Strat in pieces,body was black but now it's down to bare wood. I'm always worried about getting a neck and body in case they don't fit properly,I don't have the facility to do any woodwork. If it works out I will find out how to post pictures on the forum and you can all tell me if I did it right. Alan
  • It'll be fine, and there are loads of folks who helped me with all of my quibbles. So you're in safe (relatively) safe hands ;) just enjoy it. You've got a guitar you quite like but want to iron out the flaws.
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2347
    tFB Trader
    I use the Gotoh contemporary Tele bridge cost about £50 it will fit new and vintage bodies its really good well made the intonation will be right for all 6 strings.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• GruGru Frets: 339
    GSPBASSES;167939" said:
    I use the Gotoh contemporary Tele bridge cost about £50 it will fit new and vintage bodies its really good well made the intonation will be right for all 6 strings.

http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/gotoh-contemporary-tele-bridge-2173-p.asp
    I have been looking at that bridge myself while contemplating modding my classic vibe sunburst. While I appreciate compensated saddles, I prefer to have individual adjustability.

Although before I do anything I really need to consider whether I want the blacktop Strat I have seen.

Looking forward to seeing how your molded tele turns out
    I ordered a genuine Fender 6 saddle replacement bridge from Axecaster.

Just fitted it and it is perfect,all i have to do now is string it up and set the intonation.

Bridge costs £20.95,excellent.

Alan

• Gru said:
    GSPBASSES;167939" said:

http://www.wdmusic.co.uk/gotoh-contemporary-tele-bridge-2173-p.asp
    I have been looking at that bridge myself while contemplating modding my classic vibe sunburst. While I appreciate compensated saddles, I prefer to have individual adjustability.

Although before I do anything I really need to consider whether I want the blacktop Strat I have seen.

Looking forward to seeing how your molded tele turns out
    I've got one in Chrome, found it for about £30 and it is an absolutely quality bit of kit.  I chose steel saddles, but you can get brass ones if you are so inclined.
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    Out of interest where did you get the tele from, in after a cheap tele to mod
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
    Go to Facebook and look up Alan George Guitars.
  • Just given me a bad case of GAS .
    Alan George Guitars has some cracking stuff .gonna try and get a bigsby like tremelo off him! ;-)
  • furtherfurther Frets: 88
    Hi
    What's the finish like,would it be easy to remove ?
    The finish looks like varnish over wood with a gloss lacquer on that.

I wouldn't try to remove it,but i am happy with the colour.

My luthier is going to sort it in about a month when he catches up
    with his backlog of work.

• furtherfurther Frets: 88
    Thanks