Comments

• WezVWezV Frets: 16668
    need to watch the vids but it sounds interesting... it does ignore some other newer pickup design such as the Lace stuff

i do worry about this section of the article
    Okay, I lied. There is another kind of guitar pickup. They’re called actives. Instead of being powered by your amp via the guitar cable, these pickups have their own preamp circuit that is powered by a 9-volt battery.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • There has been a thread on this recently... Not many demos around, but in theory, they can recreate classics (er, why?) and, more importantly, make new designs.  

However, those designs would surely follow the same rules as 'normal' pickups, so I don't really know how it'll turn out.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31586
    "Guitars with a tremolo have a back cover, so do guitars with rear routed electronics. Why not replace this cover with a USB-chargeable lithium-ion battery with 200+ hours of battery life? So, that’s exactly what they did."

They can keep the pickups, but this sounds cool. It opens up a whole host of possible on-board fun which I can't be arsed with if I have to use PP3s.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • p90fool;166434" said:
    "Guitars with a tremolo have a back cover, so do guitars with rear routed

electronics. Why not replace this cover with a USB-chargeable

lithium-ion battery with 200+ hours of battery life? So, that’s exactly

what they did."

They can keep the pickups, but this sounds cool. It opens up a whole host of possible on-board fun which I can't be arsed with if I have to use PP3s.
    I didn't realise they did this until today. It's amazing. You could have a midi controller like a Kaos pad, but powered by a rear plate. Or even a straight forward boost circuit like a stratoblaster, or (whisper it)...

Lights. Lights everywhere.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom