Large/Best UK drum stores?

Looks like I'll need to visit a large drum store to try out some cymbals - local PMT didn't have much. Which are the best UK drum stores that have a real physical store? Cheers.
Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• graham russels in fareham, by far. 

Huge, great staff, loads of 2nd hand and main dealers for sonor gretsch etc
    https://www.gbmusic.co.uk/

PA Hire and Event Management
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    I used to go to Wembley music centre a few years back during work lunch breaks. I was particularly interested in electronic drum kits and they had a couple that you could try out.

All-in-one music store with separate sections devoted to guitars, keyboards, drums and PA equipment.
    AddressWembley Music Centre, Unit 8, Metro Trading Centre, Fifth Way, Wembley HA9 0YJ
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637
    Thanks, will check those out, they're both about 1.5 to 2.5 hours drive away. I have also found Sound Attak in Colchester which is near Peach guitars- anyone tried that?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Manchester Drum Centre has a pretty good selection - but they've moved recently and the shop isn't as good as it used to be IMO
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6637

Is the Manchester Drum centre now by the Trafford centre? I did pop I there a year or so ago, and it was pretty well stocked.

Ive also seen the Drum Depot in Cardiff looks pretty big, but a bit too far I think.

I think I'll go to Graham Russel Drums Fareham (with a visit to Andertons on the way back), there is also the The Drums & Percussion Centre near there in Woking, but its difficult to tell if its any good from the website. 

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356
    Graham Russell in Fareham is pretty epic, massive place and huge amount of new and used drums in stock. Graham is a lovely bloke and so is Jack Stephens who works there. Both are proper muso's who are passionate and knowledgeable about the kit they sell. 
    It's a shame there isn't a Graham Russell guitar and amp shop 
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Another vote for Graham Russell.  Great customer service and since it's a very large, dedicated drum shop, they have a huge selection of stuff to try out.
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here