Amplitube users what do you use to control virtual Wah or volume pedals?

What's Hot
I have used Amplitube for several years but when I recently bought the Jimi Hendrix pack I found it has a lot of wah sounds that need a pedal to operate. Is the Stealth pedal the only controller or are there any other options?
Don't touch that dial.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 12277
    Fez said:
    I have used Amplitube for several years but when I recently bought the Jimi Hendrix pack I found it has a lot of wah sounds that need a pedal to operate. Is the Stealth pedal the only controller or are there any other options?
    Anything that takes midi .. I use my old Line 6 controller. Boss do one that should work. Behringer do midi foot controllers as well.
    My pump-action drivel gun is smoking hot today!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 590
    I've got an M-audio EX-P expression pedal connected to the input of my Novation Impulse 61 keyboard, which in turn is connected to my computer via USB (midi). This allows me to control the various volume/wah pedals in Amplitube.

In my DAW (Reaper) I set one track to record midi with my Impulse keyboard as the midi input. I then route the midi to a second track set to record audio (i.e. guitar) and have the Amplitube VST on that track.

There may be different set ups in other DAWS.
    It's not a competition
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 4013
    I just draw it in the automation lane 90% of the time. If it's a part where each is critical I use a real one. Obvs that's all just for demos for real rcordings I would track a real amp anyways.
    This is my rant thread, there are others like it, but this one is mine.
    Bet you're wondering if this is a flounce? Truth is I haven't decided yet.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • FezFez Frets: 166
    Thanks Guys. I thought there must be alternatives to the stealth pedal which would seem a bit of overkill as I already have an interface.
    Don't touch that dial.
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 992
    I use an old Native Instruments Rig Control 3 - works great.
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1268
    A bit late to the table, but I have an old Zoom 4040 that has MIDI out and works very well.
  • FezFez Frets: 166
    Thanks @dogload  and @Gagaryn  I will look at those but I think the line 6 one maybe front runner.
    Don't touch that dial.