Thoughts on the Slash Signature Les Paul

What's Hot
So I bought one of these a while back (http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Slash-Les-Paul/Features.aspx)  but unfortunately due to, well, life happening (!) it simply hasn't been played as much as it deserves to be.

What are your thoughts on this model, relative to all the other Slash Signature models. I've always loved the understated looks of this model and how it go with function over form.

Long story short, want to get your thoughts on the "value" of these going forward as I might be looking to sell it off if it's the right time. Great instrument like this deserves to get played and I must admit, the older I've gotten I think I now prefer Tele's!

Thoughts on a postcard.

Cheers,

Will

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    edited August 2017
    I haven't seen many of those earlier CS models for sale, but this site suggests €2.5-4k... no idea if that's realistic or not though given the gamut of models they did for him since?

http://www.guitarscollector.com/2003---2012---gibson-custom-slash-les-paul-with-piezo.html
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I guess if it's listed at £**** and sells for that price then that's what it's worth. 

Aside from that I suppose you're looking for someone who knows what the guitar is in order to appreciate its value. I must admit I loved the more decorative maple caps but that model looks like a good honest work horse.

If you do sell good luck going forward.
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    So much want for that guitar :D
  • The Russo Corsa ones have been flying out of everywhere I've seen them, so I'm sure it'd go - maybe price it with hope and just see how it pans out?
    edited August 2017
    It'd just look so good sat in front of my AFD 100
  • NikkoNikko Frets: 1803
    underdog said:
    I'd just look so good sat in front of my AFD 100

...do you look like Slash? ;)
    **Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Nikko said:
    underdog said:
    I'd just look so good sat in front of my AFD 100

...do you look like Slash? ;)

I have 2 eyes and a nose, so similar :D
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Looks like another 3 Slash sig models being released over the coming weeks 

Custom shop Anaconda (Green finish) Les Paul 

Custom shop 58' aged les paul

Custom shop Firebird 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

• 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Looks like another 3 Slash sig models being released over the coming weeks 

Custom shop Firebird 

He played a green Les Paul a lot on the Euro leg of the tour, and also a firebird, so are they being released because he's using them or was he using them because they're being released :D
  • underdog said:
    Looks like another 3 Slash sig models being released over the coming weeks 

Custom shop Firebird 

He played a green Les Paul a lot on the Euro leg of the tour, and also a firebird, so are they being released because he's using them or was he using them because they're being released :D
    My money's on the latter 
    If they want to make the money they should RE issue his goldtop sig or a replica of his Gibson b stock Les Paul that's been played on pretty much everything he's done.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • underdog said:
    If they want to make the money they should RE issue his goldtop sig or a replica of his Gibson b stock Les Paul that's been played on pretty much everything he's done.
    Agreed 

Can't see why they're releasing a sig Firebird model 

Yes he's played a couple of songs during the set on the reunion tour with a Firebird but a Slash Sig model is a step to far 
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    I'm a big fan of slash, but he is a massive endorsement whore.

I fail to see why jobo gets it in the neck, and slash seems to escape it... A signature octave fuzz was a bit much for me 

Back on track, super nice guitar op! 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    joeyowen said:

I fail to see why jobo gets it in the neck, and slash seems to escape it... A signature octave fuzz was a bit much for me 

To be fair the octave fuzz did spend a lot of the slash & MK tours on his board.

The firebird is a piss take the one I seen him play was a different colour to the sig one :D
  • Man, bringing out more models? I agree with the "endorsement whore" comment, haha! even if he's still awesome.

Found this, https://reverb.com/ca/price-guide/guide/12921 - given me a few ideas. Also reaching out to a few music stores for a rough quote. Trouble is when they ask you for your price...don't want to sell myself short!

Also, been checking out the Krauster 2 from Nik Huber. Might be tempted by one of these. Doesn't have the Gibbo name but they're much more up my street. Anyone played one?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    joeyowen said:

Because Slash wrote and played on Appetite for Destruction, one of the most important rock records of all time. JoBo doesn't have a single song that most people could even hum, never mind name.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 7reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowen said:

Because Slash wrote and played on Appetite for Destruction, one of the most important rock records of all time. JoBo doesn't have a single song that most people could even hum, never mind name.

But all the best bits were Izzy Stradin', and this is coming from a Slash superfan boy!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Where's this firebird sig? Google is giving me nothing