Suggestions for Solid wood acoustic without braking the bank

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3186
    edited August 2017
    mellowsun said:
    Check out Auden - very nice guitars. Probably won't hold resale as well as a big name brand, but they sound and play very well
    Was going to suggest the same, particularly as they have added a budget line that are around the 500 mark.

Personally, I'd put as much into your acoustic purchase as you can -another 200-250 on this one will bag you a used Martin 15 or used Gibson and you'll never lose money on the purchase if you decide to flip it. You may have to wait around a bit for one to come up though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    Ok some people like resale value but i believe there has never been so many good cheap acoustics out there.

my personal faves are.

the original vintage v300 mahogany played loads of mahogany Martin 15 ooo against this and it shines through as the best hog blues guitar.

Cort l300 with solid adirondak top taken about a year to start to sing but it has that nice dry Martin sound and coming along nicely. Braced almost identically to a golden era ooo
    i payed under 300 a couple of years ago if you want the sound of an Adi style triple o for little money this is astounding value.

final bargain Taylor GS mini Koa 
    sounds like only Koa can is a beautiful guitar to record just a basic mike and a touch of the onboard and it sits in the mix beautifully.  Such a warm songwriting guitar reaches parts that other can't.

so for less than a big name I have three very handy tools in the box each one punches way above its weight.

i am definitely a cheap skate in the current acoustic market
  • Thanks very.much for all replies. I now have some idea what to look for when I sell the flynn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    I would have included a used Yamaha LL16 in this discussion, but I'm currently selling mine and I don't want to be accused of bias etc : >
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    That would be a cracking buy though. :)
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • I would have included a used Yamaha LL16 in this discussion, but I'm currently selling mine and I don't want to be accused of bias etc : >
    Lovely looking guitar. Review videos sound nice
  • Eastman....
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3186
    Lets add another to the list: Maton S60. All solid woods but using some indigenous Australian woods not always associated with guitars. They sound really good and can occasionally be had for about 550 new.
  • +1 on the Yamaha LL16.
    Just traded with @BigLicks67 and it's a superb guitar. 
  • gr1gr1 Frets: 0
    ive just bought a epiphone aj220s with solid top 149 pounds as my 1st guitar
  • crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    The budget Martins are good - Sheeran plays Wembley Stadium with them.

I've got an OOOX1AE.  It depends whether you like the unfinished look on them, but if you do they are well worth a look.  They use some non-traditional materials but they do sound good.

They have gone up since I bought mine, but you should be able to find one for £400 second hand.
  • I have an all solid Recording King RD10. Scalloped braced, solid Mahogany back and sides. Really nice guitar. Im thinking of selling for £250. 
  • All sorted now thanks. 
  • fobfob Frets: 1430
    What did you end up with?
  • fob said:
    What did you end up with?
    In the end I swapped a strat with a friend for a Martin OM21. Not quite what I intended but I came away with soem
    cash as well so I'm happy