Pickup making kits

What's Hot
hi all,

decided fancy making myself some pickups for my latest project partscaster.

can anyone recommend some decent pickup kits?

been looking at all parts, Stewmac and axecaster so far.

ta

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    Mine.
    Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alegree said:
    Mine.
    Ah yes I'll have a look thanks @Alegree ;Fancy actually trying to sell to me other than just stating "mine" - why yours over others? 

Thanks 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Best price, thoroughly tested, best customer service.
  • Mmmmmmm I agree on the price - but you've sold out (looking at single coil) when will they be back in stock? 
    tFB Trader
    Strat singles are going to take a while. probably 1-2 weeks.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    @Alegree I notice that your kit doesn't come with the coil wire - is that something you sell as well?
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
    tFB Trader
    BigMonka said:
    @Alegree I notice that your kit doesn't come with the coil wire - is that something you sell as well?
    Not yet, I'm trying to work with suppliers at the moment to get some in customer friendly quantities.
  • BigMonkaBigMonka Frets: 1770
    Alegree said:
    BigMonka said:
    Not yet, I'm trying to work with suppliers at the moment to get some in customer friendly quantities.
    Cool!
    Always be yourself! Unless you can be Batman, in which case always be Batman.
    My boss told me "dress for the job you want, not the job you have"... now I'm sat in a disciplinary meeting dressed as Batman.
  • Alegree said:
    Strat singles are going to take a while. probably 1-2 weeks.
    Thanks @Alegree could you let me know when back in stock?

Alegree said: BigMonka said: @Alegree I notice that your kit doesn't come with the coil wire - is that something you sell as well? Not yet, I'm trying to work with suppliers at the moment to get some in customer friendly quantities. And that would be great too! I was going to go to maplins or eBay but doesn't look so cheap
    tFB Trader
    Sure :)
    tFB Trader
    @wackojacko @BigMonka ;
    My kits are arriving tomorrow, gents.
    If you're interested in ordering now I'll open up my website to take pre-orders.
  • Thanks @alegree will have a browse when they're in. 

Where would you recommend I get wire from? Im assuming 42 and was just going to buy some on eBay or from maplins.
    tFB Trader
    Thanks @alegree will have a browse when they're in. 

Where would you recommend I get wire from? Im assuming 42 and was just going to buy some on eBay or from maplins.
    Well that's certainly a can of worms. The type of wire will depend on the intended output of the pickup as a very simplified general rule.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10362
    tFB Trader
    Alegree said:
    Thanks @alegree will have a browse when they're in. 

Well that's certainly a can of worms. The type of wire will depend on the intended output of the pickup as a very simplified general rule.
    Most wire on e bay is total shite ... if you want PE then the only proper sources are US. However I can point you to UK suppliers of small quantity poly stocks who do not supply crap ... PM me ... if you want flatwork and magnets I'm happy to custom supply/cut those ... I already do for several UK pickup makers. 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• Thanks @TheGuitarWeasel will do. Won't be looking at custom flatwork yet I'm no pickup builder just doing it out of curiosity and will try and wind a set of Strat pickups for my current partscaster project