Uses for an iPad in a live setting ?

Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24287
I've realised that I can put my iPad to use with the new band as a song sheet displayer.  I've found several apps and mostv have pedal operated page turning too.

Then I found that Amplitube runs on the iPad and several others and now I'm wondering about using it as a multi-fx live too.

Anyone do this?
Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Yes. It works quite well. I use Audiobus to stack synths and effects and my guitar, and I layer it all up.
  • erky32erky32 Frets: 49
    ONSONG is a great app for lyrics & chords, arranging setlists, instant key changes.
  • If you're a vocalist, you could do this with it?

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24287
    edited August 2017
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Yes. It works quite well. I use Audiobus to stack synths and effects and my guitar, and I layer it all up.
    How do you play the synths ?  Is it sequenced or do you have a midi keyboard on stage with you?  Also, what app do you use to host them - or are they standalone synth apps ?  The iPad is a new thing for me - I'm unused to anything but VSTis in a PC DAW scenario.

I was looking for something to justify the postage on an iPad holder from Thomann and I think I've decided on one of those iRig2 interfaces.  What do you use to get your guitar signal into the iPad ?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    I use various synth apps and an iRig midi controller to play the sounds from a keyboard.
    Works very well.
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Emp_Fab said:
    Drew_TNBD said:
    How do you play the synths ?  Is it sequenced or do you have a midi keyboard on stage with you?  Also, what app do you use to host them - or are they standalone synth apps ?  The iPad is a new thing for me - I'm unused to anything but VSTis in a PC DAW scenario.

I was looking for something to justify the postage on an iPad holder from Thomann and I think I've decided on one of those iRig2 interfaces.  What do you use to get your guitar signal into the iPad ?
    Just on the screen tbh. I use THOR by Propellerheads Reason, and it has a screen keyboard.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7411
    Thor is indeed outstanding. 
    Red ones are better. 
    Thanks for that.  I will investigate further.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33791
    +1 for Thor.
    What about guitar fx ?  I've bought an iRig 2 interface and had a play with both Amplitube and Ampkit but both of those have a severely restricted number of amps and pedals unless you pay up for more.  The Ampkit stuff is a less than a third of the price of Amplitube's 'all options' pack, at $50 vs £150, but I would like to try a few amps and pedals out first before I think about buying them, but that option isn't there.

Are there any other good multi fx apps that I could try or perhaps older free versions of Amplitube or whatever that don't restrict you to one amp and two pedals ?