Line 6 model packs

longshinslongshins Frets: 246
just picked up a pod pro XT to use in my function band, it sounds fine (better than fine really but don't want to upset the Helix owners haha) but line 6 are still charging for the model packs, anyone know if they will ever be made free? The pod xt is long in the tooth now and cost bugger all to buy secondhand, I don't want to spend money on software for unsupported hardware that potentially could go kaput. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    edited August 2017
    Do they still actually sell 'em? I used to have an XT Live with the all the model packs I shelled out for, they was good, but a case of just more of em rather than being much better than the stock ones.....that said, watched a guy recently doing his one man show w/backing tracks - he was using a variax into an XT Live - and his only had the stock models in it. Sounded good direct into his PA...made me consider buying another off ebay as like you said they're cheap as chips these days. But as of yet I've not bothered....I cooled down since seeing this guys gig...and realised I've got a JMP-1, GT-100 and a Digitech GSP1101...for home play they will do me....live I use a pedal board and a couple of real amps.
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 246
    The 18 watt model is cracking on the XT, I had a GSP1101 too, great unit. I got a response from Line 6 and yes you can still buy the packs... I probably would if the whole lot was 20 quid or something but considering a high percentage of the models are crap its not worth it at the moment. Maybe they will make them free one day like the updates are for the Helix...
  • siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
    how much are they? And how much did you pick up your XT for ??  
  • longshinslongshins Frets: 246
    http://shop.line6.com/model-packs/?___store=ww_en&___from_store=ww_en&___store=uk_en I have the pod xt pro which comes with the power pack pre installed, cost me £70
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24263
    siraxeman said:
    Do they still actually sell 'em? I used to have an XT Live with the all the model packs I shelled out for, they was good, but a case of just more of em rather than being much better than the stock ones.....that said, watched a guy recently doing his one man show w/backing tracks - he was using a variax into an XT Live - and his only had the stock models in it. Sounded good direct into his PA...made me consider buying another off ebay as like you said they're cheap as chips these days. But as of yet I've not bothered....I cooled down since seeing this guys gig...and realised I've got a JMP-1, GT-100 and a Digitech GSP1101...for home play they will do me....live I use a pedal board and a couple of real amps.
    No you don't.  Electrons don't exist.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Also chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them.