Sold an old friend (now turned into an incoming NAD)

What's Hot
strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2425
edited February 2018 in Amps
Finally sold my Laney Lionheart L20H and matching 2x12 cab after 10 years of having it.

It proved to be super reliable, never once needed work done to it, and always sounded great, even non-guitarists would comment on how it sounded good.

It had been superseded by my MJW Roadstar Twin, which is, in fairness, better than it in every way (build quality, sound quality, clean channel, drive channel, separate EQ for each channel, much better reverb and effects loop etc), but I will miss the old Laney.

Managed to only lost £150 in 10 years of ownership, so can't complain.

So long Laney, and hopefully your next owner gets as much use and enjoyment as I have!
Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    Seems harsh...

Just then, don't be coming back whining in a couple of months about "wish I'd never sold it..." cos will be a collective sigh!
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Ha I've just sold a Laney after 10 years of ownership as well! Had no problems with it at all, always reliable and sounded great at gigging volume. Just never got to use the full potential of a GH50L since I stopped gigging, mines being replaced with a Mini Jubilee which is much more useful for me. It does feel a bit weird being without what was my only amp for so long, but I won't miss lugging it around and really I've always wanted it to be a Marshall.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2425
    Don't worry, if I have sellers regret it won't be hard to get another one for the same price I sold it for.
    Both playing time and storage space are limited, so it just didn't seem sensible to have a fairly large amp sitting under the dust cover not getting used (any playing time I have it's straight to the MJW).

I'm not usually sentimental over gear, but although I've changed quite a few amps over the years, this has been the one that's been my main amp since university.
    Just checked the receipt, bought it on the 9th of January 2008! I paid the princely sum of £550 for it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LozboyLozboy Frets: 80
    I am sure the MJW will enable you to get over your loss.
    Well that lasted 6 months!

I'm not getting an L20H, but I have a Lionheart L5 Studio head incoming.

I've a Matamp 1x12 cab sitting without a head, and have been looking for something small, relatively inexpensive, low power and good sounding, so in the end the lower power version of what I already had was irresistible.

Can't wait. I've also owned an Ironheart Studio so I know the reverb and effects loop both work well, and the ability to use it with no cab and just headphones is an advantage too
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I should add the MJW is going nowhere, it's everything I hoped for (Fender cleans and Marshall drive in a sensible package), but I sometimes find myself looking for those Vox-y EL84 nearly-cleans which the Laney did so well.