Milkman, Tone King... a UK builder?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• If Dumble/Trainwreck type circuits are your thing you should have a chat to Dan Whitelock-Jones of DWJ amps in Liverpool.  Some of designs sound outstanding!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8823
    tFB Trader
    I'm still very much open to ideas and builders. This will be next years endeavour which will give me time to save for my chose spec. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • algroves1 said:
    If Dumble/Trainwreck type circuits are your thing you should have a chat to Dan Whitelock-Jones of DWJ amps in Liverpool.  Some of designs sound outstanding!
    Big wisdom. I've turned up at dans after a gig and he's repaired stuff in to the night for me. Wonderful repairman and builder 
  • CloudNineCloudNine Frets: 4257
    Having recently received an amp from Chris, I can confirm that Rift are absolutely top draw, and he is a great guy to deal with. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    Flynn Amps in Glasgow do outstanding Fender builds. 
    Yup, the Tweed Super I have for sale is a stellar amp! 
  • drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 912
    It's worth having a look at Rosewell Amps. Not played one myself but Dave has done it few repairs for me and his amps have a great reputation.
    http://www.ajeweb.co.uk/ra/
    tFB Trader
    I was in Derry on Tuesday night seeing JP Cooper (amazing live performer). He had a tele and a HRD, the other guitarist had a Suhr Tele and a Two Rock head and cab. 

Is it wrong of me to say the difference wasn't overly noticeable? Am I missing something? Is this the difference between isolating an amp in a shop/bedroom/studio etc vs a live band mix?

Very conflicted now. 
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3964
    lonestar said:
    I was in Derry on Tuesday night seeing JP Cooper (amazing live performer). He had a tele and a HRD, the other guitarist had a Suhr Tele and a Two Rock head and cab. 

Is it wrong of me to say the difference wasn't overly noticeable? Am I missing something? Is this the difference between isolating an amp in a shop/bedroom/studio etc vs a live band mix?

Very conflicted now. 
    You see so many guitarists using Hot Rod Deluxe and Deville amps at every level. I had a Deville and it sounded amazing.
    tFB Trader
    lonestar said:

Very conflicted now. 
    You see so many guitarists using Hot Rod Deluxe and Deville amps at every level. I had a Deville and it sounded amazing.
    It genuinely has me thinking mate.. great amps. 
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2427
    If it's something you're going to do in a year or so, maybe and see if MJW start making amps again?

I couldn't be happier with mine, and for what it is (hand-built two channel amp with valve driven reverb, power scaling and a very good effects loop), it was extremely good value.

Channel 1 on mine is based on a Princeton as far as I recall, and sounds very good indeed.
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Happy days.... it's only 6 miles from my front door and a MASSIVE £30 less than Andertons sell it for. 

Today is my lucky day *pats self on back*

https://i.imgur.com/seMZla0.png

£30 depreciation after 6 months? Not bad eh ;)