Danelectro Chorus breaking?

What's Hot
whornerwhorner Frets: 0
I bought a danelectro chorus pedal just because its super cheap, and kind of wanted a chorus. I used with a small fender frontman amp and 2 of the custom shop cables. It worked fine for a couple days then just stops working, I assumed it was just a faulty pedal and moved on. My brother then buys one a few weeks later and the exact same happens within a couple days. Anyone know why or had a similar situation? Pretty new to pedals so maybe I'm doing something wrong? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Are you running it off a battery? If so, have you tried changing the battery? If you leave it plugged in when you're not using it the battery will drain. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • steersteer Frets: 1186
    Have you tried soaking it in a bucket of water? That will get rid of the dust.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    Danelectros are not exactly known for their reliability - although they're not the worst I can think of - but if anything, they're better than Fender Custom Shop cables... are you sure it isn't a cable problem?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    edited August 2017
    Maybe the cables?? Just try a few  different cable combos and gently ease back the jack on the cable and it may connect - there can be jack profile mismatches with some pedals/cables.

On reliability - my 3 have been fine for 5 years...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I did try changing the battery, but no luck unfortunately
  • whornerwhorner Frets: 0

ICBM said:
    Danelectros are not exactly known for their reliability - although they're not the worst I can think of - but if anything, they're better than Fender Custom Shop cables... are you sure it isn't a cable problem?
    Was also thinking it could be the cables, one them recently just stopped working so Im not sure ill be using them again to be honest
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    Fender cables seem to use the worst, most fragile jack-plugs I've ever come across.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    Sassafras said:
    Fender cables seem to use the worst, most fragile jack-plugs I've ever come across.
    Yes, they're complete crap - but the cable itself is nice... although it's quite thick, so getting it into proper Neutrik plugs can be a challenge!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3582
    I had a Cool Cat chorus that I liked the sound of and it was cheap. It stopped working so I bought another online ready for the weekend gig as I didn't have time to risk fiddling and not having the tool. The new one was swapped into the pedal board. Some time later I looked inside the 'broken' one to discover a multipin plug was undone. Reconnected it and it's fine. It became the basis of my second/rehearsal pedal set and both units continue to function some 2 years on. Might be worth taking the base off and having a poke, you've nothing to lose.