Helix routing question

What's Hot
RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
Ok I bought a pair of HS7s and some does to use at home with the helix. How do I set up up a patch so that it routes these?

Is it as simple as splitting the signal path as then assigning to left and right outputs? Will stereo effects work in that config or will I get mono out of both speakers?

Help!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    I think you can just plug them into the xlr outs and helix auto takes stereo? At least that's how I have my headphone amp setup.
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    RMJ said:
    Ok I bought a pair of HS7s and some does to use at home with the helix. How do I set up up a patch so that it routes these?

Is it as simple as splitting the signal path as then assigning to left and right outputs? Will stereo effects work in that config or will I get mono out of both speakers?

Help!

Paths are stereo so as long as the path output block setting is Multi or the interface the speakers are connected to then it should just work.
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    siremoon said:
    RMJ said:

Help!

Paths are stereo so as long as the path output block setting is Multi or the interface the speakers are connected to then it should just work.
    Ahhh! Will give that a try. Thanks
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Its a bit more complicated than that
    The path is stereo until you put a mono effect or an amp  and cab in. 
    Then it collapses to mono. Once you put a Stereo FX in it opens back out to stereo
    However if you put a dual cab in or split the path to two cabs and then rejoin them it goes back to stereo

Take a wee bit of getting your head round but easiest way to look at it

Mono wah > mono Drive 1 > Mono Drive 2> Amp > Stereo Mod1 > Stereo Mod 2> Stereo Delay> Stereo Reverb >Dual Cab
    You can put the delays and mods after the cabs and it sounds different (sometimes better) but this is suggested for ease of understanding

Cabicular said:
    Then it collapses to mono. Once you put a Stereo FX in it opens back out to stereo
    However if you put a dual cab in or split the path to two cabs and then rejoin them it goes back to stereo

Mono wah > mono Drive 1 > Mono Drive 2> Amp > Stereo Mod1 > Stereo Mod 2> Stereo Delay> Stereo Reverb >Dual Cab
    You can put the delays and mods after the cabs and it sounds different (sometimes better) but this is suggested for ease of understanding

Ah ok. Think I understand. Do you then assign each path to a particular output? In my case left and right XLR? Or do I select multi and helix takes care of business?
    RMJ said:
    Cabicular said:

Ah ok. Think I understand. Do you then assign each path to a particular output? In my case left and right XLR? Or do I select multi and helix takes care of business?
    The output XLR covers both XLRs in stereo
    Thanks @Cabicular!
    edited August 2017
    no probs
    If you look at one of my patches you can see I've split the outputs out. So on set goes to XLR and one to 1\4 " Both in stereo
    It's essentially the same patch but one set of outputs have cab and mic emulations for FOH and the other is for backline

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • gearaddictgearaddict Frets: 894
    I'm thinking I might set up a patch like that so I can try going straight to PA at next practice...but have the option to go back to backline if it isn't working.

Out of interest, which cab emulations are you using? I have only tried through headphones but it seemed to me that the Marshall 4x12 with T75s sounded decent...
    Marshall Greenback 25 for me
    best way to choose is to edit the cab block with the footswitch and then change while you are playing
    it can be done quickly in the studio where you get the context of volume and all the band playing