Best small battery powered loop pedal?

What's Hot
MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
I need to get a sturdy, battery powered loop pedal for a busking buddy as a birthday gift, smaller and cheaper the better. Any suggestions?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Boss rc1? 
    It's about £85 and runs from 9v battery

Used will be quite a bit less. 

Most cheap cheap loppers are in enclosures too small for batteries. Hopefully I'm wrong for you 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72300
    Boss RC-1. The question is whether the useful LED display, which is probably its best feature, will be visible outdoors in bright light... I've never tried it with mine.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• T.C. Ditto x2. Tracks much better than the BOSS loop pedals and much lighter too.
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    The small Boss loopers eat batteries ....

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • EHX 360 Nano Looper is brilliant and simple to use can be powered via a 9 volt batt or power supply... 11 memory slots too, £89 
  • MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    Thanks for the excellent suggestions. I personally really like TC and EHX stuff but think the Boss RC1 is probably the one to go for as my pal is familiar with Boss pedals already and it looks the most simple and straight forward pedal for him to operate. Cheers for all you input
    btw @MrMusic , what a kick ass friend to buy a looper pedal for their bday!

I get a card and that's all aha
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72300
    edited August 2017
    MrMusic said:

the Boss RC1 is probably the one to go for as my pal is familiar with Boss pedals already and it looks the most simple and straight forward pedal for him to operate.
    Tell him to be sure to read the manual, because there are a couple of 'hidden' modes which may make it more intuitive to use, depending on his experience of other loopers. (Which stay set, once set - so you don't need to do it every time.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    joeyowen said:
    btw @MrMusic , what a kick ass friend to buy a looper pedal for their bday!

I get a card and that's all aha
    Haha! Thanks @joeyowen!!!

Sadly things are a bit tough for my pal at the moment and think it'll give him the much needed lift he needs. Also think he'll rack up much more cash playing along to stuff and make it more of a show for the street audience. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Good man