Billy Corgan guitars on Reverb

What's Hot
LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
Have you seen these? 

If you're a Pumpkins fan or not, there are some stunning guitars there.

I'm a little bit in love with the Siamese Dream-O-Caster.

Only need £800k... 
Well, i imagine those prices are just there for show, as they are all "make an offer"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1205
    Page 4, for Corgan's Organs.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5405
    As I understand it they put "$1m" on the prime stuff just as a placeholder, but they are taking offers (and if an idiot actually clicks 'Buy Now' at that price, well, they win!)

I suspect they honestly don't know what the stuff is worth.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    edited August 2017
    Ooooh, the Machina era LP Special would do me just fine. 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3003
    Do you think he's chucking it in or has he got so much stuff that this is just to make some cash ? 
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Some of the items are pretty reasonably priced, if you're a massive Pumpkins fan.

Makes me feel old!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Whitecat said:
    As I understand it they put "$1m" on the prime stuff just as a placeholder, but they are taking offers (and if an idiot actually clicks 'Buy Now' at that price, well, they win!)

I suppose it's the kind of items that price very much depends on who's buying. I'm a big ole pumpkins fan, so would for me, they would definitely be worth a lot more.. but as per the picture above, to anyone else, it's a bad condition stratocaster. 
    DrBob said:
    Do you think he's chucking it in or has he got so much stuff that this is just to make some cash ? 
    Knowing Billy William Corgan it's a cash thing :)
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16658
    LuttiS said:

I might save those pcitures - I am tempted to do a replica
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    edited August 2017
    LuttiS said:
    I was looking last night and if I had a spare £30,000 I'd try a bid at that.

If that wasnt enough I'd get the pre CBS CAR.
    LuttiS said:
    Whitecat said:

I suppose it's the kind of items that price very much depends on who's buying. I'm a big ole pumpkins fan, so would for me, they would definitely be worth a lot more.. but as per the picture above, to anyone else, it's a bad condition stratocaster. 
    Absolutely. 'Siamese Dream' was a super important record to me, so if I had the coin I'd probably buy it as something to hang on the wall rather than play. But I don't think I've got the kinda cash he wants for it, so that's likely for the best as I'm not sure my wife would like it that much anyway. 
    Whitecat said:
    LuttiS said:
    Whitecat said:

Absolutely. 'Siamese Dream' was a super important record to me, so if I had the coin I'd probably buy it as something to hang on the wall rather than play. But I don't think I've got the kinda cash he wants for it, so that's likely for the best as I'm not sure my wife would like it that much anyway. 
    My wife and i actually discussed this.. She's a big pumpkins fan too and we actually went as far as to check our bank accounts and discuss which wall it would go on before we came to the conclusion we were deluding ourselves :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    There seems to be a 'slight' discrepancy between the asking prices and the actual sold prices.
  • 5redlights5redlights Frets: 317
    I feel some crowd funding video pleas coming...
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    DrBob said:
    he doesn't seem to be broke but he seems determined of buying or running a professional wrestling company
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DiscoStuDiscoStu Frets: 5460
    The Vees with the Bigsbys are hilarious!
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    I'd love to own something from his collection, he seems a bit of a dick as a person but Siamese dreams is probably still one of my favorite albums of all time, so complete, noisy in places then almost dream like beauty in others.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    Whitecat said:

If Reverb.com is acting as the broker (which it looks like they are as they say that it's them who are providing the "COA"s and verifying the stuff's provenance) then they DEFINITELY know what it's worth. The main purpose of Reverb has been to monitor and influence market prices so they can charge more in their MOTHERSHIP store on the site.

That hardtail '58 strat is something to behold. It's stirring a strange and powerful need inside me.
    bbill335 said:
    Whitecat said:

If Reverb.com is acting as the broker (which it looks like they are as they say that it's them who are providing the "COA"s and verifying the stuff's provenance) then they DEFINITELY know what it's worth. The main purpose of Reverb has been to monitor and influence market prices so they can charge more in their MOTHERSHIP store on the site.

That hardtail '58 strat is something to behold. It's stirring a strange and powerful need inside me.
    I don't think they do though. Artist guitars are funny and it's quite rare for something from this genre to pop up.

If they knew what it was worth, they'd have that as a price + 20% maybe, and take offers. But they don't - hence the $1m or best offer. It's not worth a million.

What these sell for will definitely inform/dicate future sales, but the intrinsic value in all of this is the Smashing Pumpkins connection, which falls in a strange time in music history as far as memorabilia/guitars are concerned. It's not for the boomers - are there enough Gen Xers with money who really want this?

Or will the Hard Rock Cafe just buy it to hang in a case in some strange exotic country?
    WezV said:
    LuttiS said:

I might save those pcitures - I am tempted to do a replica

That would be interesting.. Do it! Do it now! Then i can do a poor replica of your replica and blame you for my poor replicating skills :)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom