Billy Corgan guitars on Reverb

What's Hot

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22738
    DiscoStu said:
    The Vees with the Bigsbys are hilarious!
    I like those Lonnie Mack Vs.  But I'm surprised Billy Corgan has two of them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3320
    as a huge pumpkins fan i wish i could afford some of the stuff but sadly i dont think i could even afford the postage
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3820
    Another big Pumpkins fan here and Siamese Dream had a massive impact on me, however I've got absolutely no interest in memorabilia and to be honest, this type of wholesale sell-off leaves a bad taste in the mouth for me. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    Whitecat said:
    If they knew what it was worth, they'd have that as a price + 20% maybe, and take offers. But they don't - hence the $1m or best offer. It's not worth a million.
    That doesn't mean they don't have a pretty good idea, they just don't want to show their hand.  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5405
    duotone said:
    No, it's not a bid, that's the "$1m or best offer" converted to GBP since you're viewing from the UK.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2243
    huh quite a few have been sold since first posted.. and i still want that Siamese Dreamocaster! :)
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    Whitecat said:
    duotone said:
    No, it's not a bid, that's the "$1m or best offer" converted to GBP since you're viewing from the UK.
    Ah right, I read the 209 Offers as being bids
  • Lebarque said:
    Another big Pumpkins fan here and Siamese Dream had a massive impact on me, however I've got absolutely no interest in memorabilia and to be honest, this type of wholesale sell-off leaves a bad taste in the mouth for me. 
    Yeah. I gave up trying to defend Corgan a long time ago. He's given in to bitterness. Anyway. Like he gives a fuck.
    antifash said:
    Lebarque said:
    Yeah. I gave up trying to defend Corgan a long time ago. He's given in to bitterness. Anyway. Like he gives a fuck.
    I think he's just moody :) Seen pumpkins twice, first time was shit.. Billy... Sorry.. William was in a bad mood and it really showed... Second time he was on a good mood, laughing and joking through the show and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to. Me and the wife during that gig decided that tonight tonight would be our first dance at our wedding :) Billy may be pretentious and bitter, but still love everything he does. Except Zwan. Nobody loves zwan.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5405
    I saw them twice too back in the day - Pretty shit both times except for "Drown" on the second go which was the ultimate closer. 

(The first time I saw them Jimmy had left for rehab and the second time he was back but Darcy had left - Matt Cameron as a tour replacement was great but Jimmy is next-level.)

As a studio band though I absolutely - Adore them. Heheheheh. 
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    LuttiS said:

Except Zwan. Nobody loves zwan.
    I love Zwan! I thought that was a great record, different vibe to SP, but some brilliant moments and I also think it's some of the finest drumming Jimmy has ever put on record.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16658
    mike257 said:
    LuttiS said:

I love Zwan! I thought that was a great record, different vibe to SP, but some brilliant moments and I also think it's some of the finest drumming Jimmy has ever put on record.
    I agree.

i only saw pumpkins once on the zeitgeist tour.  Missed them when I was younger despite being a massive fan since my teens.   Billy complained at us for the whole gig.  Didn't seem happy that we all still loved his early work so much. 
    WezV said:
    mike257 said:
    LuttiS said:

I agree.

Maybe I should give it another try try try. :)
  • Saw them the first time they played the barrowlands in Glasgow - great first 30 minutes or so then everyone except Billy troop off stage and he starts moaning about fuck only knows what. Glasgow audience puts up with it for about 10 minutes then someone lobbed a pint of something over him and he fucked off and didn't come back on :)

First 30 minutes was good - Billy Corgan is a massive dobber though - your a musician, play music we dont give a fuck what you are upset about ;)
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22738
    WezV said:
    mike257 said:
    LuttiS said:

I agree.

I didn't like it at the time but in retrospect it was better than most of the later Smashing Pumpkins material.
  • MossMoss Frets: 2409
    It'd all be great if he wasn't an Infowars nutjob now
    Stop crying, start buying
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I also love the Zwan record, it's great.
  • mike257mike257 Frets: 374
    edited September 2017
    Moss said:
    It'd all be great if he wasn't an Infowars nutjob now
    Very much had to detach the art from the artist to keep enjoying his work. I'm glad he never got back to me when I sent my video audition for the bassist spot six or so years ago  ;)
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    More love for Zwan here.

Especially for Paz.