tonerider delay in loop...tone suck

nickpnickp Frets: 182
morning resident tonal geniusses (or genies)

new set up for me - and have a ferguson analog delay pedal kicking around which I have put in the loop of the blackstar head (series 1 6l6 100w) and kicking it on sucks tone.

presumably swapping this for a different type of delay pedal will avoid this?  If so do we have any recommendations as a delay is essential to hide my ferk ups and also as an effect for some of the songs we do.  I have to buy a reverb pedal to go in loop as well, so any comments about reverbs at the same time?

ta

nick
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2328
    When you say tone suck, do you mean volume drop? Mine has volume drop in the loop too, I just use it out front now. I guess a clean boost pedal might fix the problem, but that's an extra pedal you'd have to switch on...
  • nickpnickp Frets: 182
    deffo vol drop :)  sounds a bit weedy as well but that could just be volume I guess
    yeah. i think some of the older style pedals don't like the higher input signal you get in a loop, and that's what happens.
  • nickpnickp Frets: 182
    I'll buy a newer one and see what occurs
    Just to clarify what I meant there I meant older-style circuits. So things which are clones, or slightly tweaked clones, of older pedals. I'm not sure what the tonerider is a clone of (if at all), but judging by their other pedals I wouldn't be surprised the delay is a clone of an older analogue delay.
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    try putting before the amp rather than in fx loop.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw