good camcorder for Youtube guitar videos?

axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
I want to get something better. I've been using the iSight built into my Macbook pro for years and the quality is poor. I'm ditching my old channel and plan to start up a new one that is better quality.

Looking for 2nd hand under £100. Any recommendations?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7321
    I was looking myself and theres a logitech webcam about £80 that is meant to be good, but your smartphone might be just as good quality wise.

The most common suggestion seems to be the Canon d3200, but they're about £300 I think.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6385
    I'd avoid external webcams with Macs - world of barely-functional pain. Get a tripod for your smartphone
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I'm not going the webcam route, I want a proper camcorder. Smartphone won't work, we don't all have iPhones! Mine has the approximate quality of a pinhole camera.

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Get a new phone, and a tripod for it?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Get a new phone, and a tripod for it?
    To be honest I'm not much of a phone user, I keep it switched off most of the time and rarely give the number out. I don't particularly want to pay a lot on an expensive phone on a monthly basis when I only really want video capacity. I'm going to get a second hand camcorder and hope it lasts for a while.
  • you can if lucky get a Panasonic LX7 around £100 now and if you can I highly recommend it, the video function is absolutely amazing for a premium compact both picture and sound..

• GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Second hand Zoom Q4.
    Still comes in over £100 but not stupidly so.
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    I heard rave reviews about the Logitech C920. 1080p recording, stereo mic etc so thought it would be a decent addition to my pc setup. It was sold within  2 months as the quality was pretty poor even on my gaming pc with a decent graphics card. I get far better quality through my phone. 
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

• hotpothotpot Frets: 846
    I use a Kodak i8, really good quality video & cheap as chips now, 1080, 720, 30 & 60 fps. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kodak-Zi8-Pocket-Video-Camera/dp/B002J9I3HM

• I heard rave reviews about the Logitech C920. 1080p recording, stereo mic etc so thought it would be a decent addition to my pc setup. It was sold within  2 months as the quality was pretty poor even on my gaming pc with a decent graphics card. I get far better quality through my phone. 
    I have this, and its very very good. I still use an external mic though to do do Skype calls or such. But the picture quality is great. Easy to use too, no bs drivers to install, plug n play and you're good!
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    I heard rave reviews about the Logitech C920. 1080p recording, stereo mic etc so thought it would be a decent addition to my pc setup. It was sold within  2 months as the quality was pretty poor even on my gaming pc with a decent graphics card. I get far better quality through my phone. 
    Yep. I can echo this. I bought a C920 because it got rave reviews, and couldn't get it to give me a noise-free image at all, even with the extra purchase of some tweaking software. My phone gives me way better footage.