Small pedal board build

A week ago inspired by other board builds I decided to try my hand at a low cost pedal board build. This board would be a wedge shape with underside recess for the power pack and a hole through the board to supply the five pedals it will carry

For this I decided to use a two bottle wooden wine box, using the plywood wine box lid and incorporate the remaining parts of the wine box, plus some cut-offs from old pine furniture, held together by reclaimed and drywall screws.

After the basic construction I decided that the sides should look like vintage synth side panels with the front and back panels being sprayed in a solid colour.

Side panels stained with existing IKEA stain. Front and back panels, primed, coated with Hycote Vauxhall Mint Green and finished with acrylic clear coat.

Carpet tile cut to shape and a soldering iron run along it’s edges to prevent fraying. Fixed to the board using carpet tape.

Power supply fixed to the underside of the board using a belt and braces approach, using some metal plates I had lying around, screws and cable ties with Velcro in the gaps to prevent any sideways movement. Cables managed using some cable tie anchors and cable ties.

Total cost for finishing materials, cable bits, carpet tile and tape... £21.38.  Overall i am quite please with how it turned out... Now to find a bag to fit it ;)

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments