Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Slash Les Paul....

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2608
in Guitar tFB Trader

Its not easy being green..  :)

After touring with his prototype models throughout 2016 and 2017, Slash is proud to announce the release of these limited edition Gibson Custom Slash Anaconda Burst Les Pauls. Each guitar features an exclusive green Anaconda Burst finish, historic 1950s Les Paul construction and Slash's personal touches, including a custom Slash neck profile, Slash Signature humbuckers and Sprague Orange Drop capacitors. Both the Flame Top and the Plain Top models are available signed by Slash but a greater quantity of unsigned Plain Tops will be available as well.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2017/Custom/Slash-Anaconda-Burst-Les-Paul.aspx#LP58SLVOANCNH1

http://i.imgur.com/DXLV4LC.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XxMX8D8.jpg

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    Like the colour, hate the price. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • $8000?

Bloody hell. 
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Wow 8k for a guitar in a colour that makes it look like a 90s Korean LP copy.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    Not at all unlike the exclusive green finish on my 96 epi les paul.   I am gonna claim its a slash sig model from now on.   It already has the orange drop capacitors ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    edited August 2017
    Hmm, hideous in every way - these will depreciate faster than a new German car - indeed in crossing the pond they seem to have dropped massively in cost to £4099, which is still a joke:

https://www.coda-music.com/gibson-custom-slash-anaconda-burst-les-paul-plain-top.html

Just get a green ocean burst and save the best part of 3K, out of which you can buy slashes signature pickups at a cost of £159:

https://www.andertons.co.uk/p/LPCS17G6NH1/solid-body-electric-guitars/gibson-usa-les-paul-classic-t-2017-green-ocean-burst

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • BabonesBabones Frets: 1205
    edited August 2017
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RoxRox Frets: 2147
    Will Gibson be making a true Slash tribute which is actually a copy of a Gibson copy?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I hate to say but I feel G N' R are selling out... I just want to remember G N' R of old.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    Depreciate faster than a new German car... as opposed to faster than a new British one? :s

I like the greenburst - looks like an old Burns.

However, the price is a bit anally violating. One for dentists who want to be alternative, I guess.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4669
    Love the plain top but not at that price 
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Rox said:
    Will Gibson be making a true Slash tribute which is actually a copy of a Gibson copy?

Already been done, have you not seen the Gibson Les Paul afd?

The Slash firebird looks lovely, though I normally don't like them at all. Only 100 of them I think all hand signed and numbered by Slash, bet they will be cheap.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Naïve question: does he actually use these himself, made by the same people? Or are these just copies of something he had built by someone else?
    Ravenous said:
    Naïve question: does he actually use these himself, made by the same people? Or are these just copies of something he had built by someone else?

I think he does use the production models of his sig gear yes. On this leg of the Euro tour that green Les Paul made a lot of appearances, also notice the white firebird in a lot of pictures from the current US leg. On his Slash tours he used his vermilion and rossa corsa Les Paul's almost exclusively.

I don't see why he'd need a higher build quality than the production models, his guitars are generally pretty simple ones with his pickups in them.
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14218
    tFB Trader

Lord Percy creates something 'Green'
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
     honest question, how many sig guitars does he have now? 
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I wouldn't want to be identified with any player, let alone Slash.
    He's good on guitar but, according to his book, he's a bit of a knob.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Sassafras said:
    I wouldn't want to be identified with any player, let alone Slash.
    He's good on guitar but, according to his book, he's a bit of a knob.

I think according to his book he was a bit of a nob when he was in his early 20s and suddenly became very famous and wealthy, I was a bit of a nob in my 20s and had no money or fame to blame it on :D

He seems like a genuinely nice and hard working guy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 9reaction image Wisdom
  • ParkerParker Frets: 960
    I'm sure an Epi copy will follow in six months time. It's funny as my first reaction to his Brand Ambassador appointment was I hope they make the guitar affordable for the kids that follow him....then I remembered - we're no longer kids!!! :(
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6129
    tFB Trader
    I really want a slash signature guitar.... but tbh I just can't afford that, that's s a great vintage guitar price.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • StormshadowGuitarsStormshadowGuitars Frets: 1218
    tFB Trader
    $8K for a nice Flamed Top then half of it painted over with solid green/black !!