Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

New Slash Les Paul....

What's Hot

Comments

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    ThorpyFX said:
    I really want a slash signature guitar.... but tbh I just can't afford that, that's s a great vintage guitar price.

The AFD/vermilion/Rossa corsa are great guitars and sub 2 grand used. I really like the goldtop but one of those in decent condition is pushing 3k now. Also the plain top inspired by Slash is gorgeous but don't see them for sale often.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bobliefeldbobliefeld Frets: 425
    8k for a "slash" guitar lol.  I remember him drinking too much and pissing himself at Nikki Sixxs house back in.. oh gee.. 1991?  Thought he was billy big pants back then 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1031
    impmann said:
    Depreciate faster than a new German car... as opposed to faster than a new British one? :s

What British car companies would those be, other than Bristol I can't think of a single one that still British?

Its still one fugly over priced guitar!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LozboyLozboy Frets: 80
    Yet another Slash Sig! Does anyone actually know how many USA Gibson Slash signatures have been released?
    edited August 2017
    I make this his 8th, first one was in mid 90s, so on average a new one every 3 years or so. These range from models that were pretty much the same price as a standard to the snakepit rarer than rocking horse shit (and epically tasteless) model.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    underdog said:
    I make this his 8th, first one was in mid 90s, so on average a new one every 3 years or so. These range from models that were pretty much the same price as a standard to the snakepit rarer than rocking horse shit (and epically tasteless) model.
    He needs to pick up the pace a bit if he wants to keep up with JoBo.
  • LozboyLozboy Frets: 80
    Thanks for that "underdog".It was a very genuine enquiry.
    edited August 2017
    Sassafras said:
    underdog said:
    He needs to pick up the pace a bit if he wants to keep up with JoBo.

Slash branded adult nappies? For those who just can't control when they need to slash.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw this on Twitter yesterday, Gibson proces are stupid now. You could get a vintage Les Paul Custom for way less
  • I hate to say but I feel G N' R are selling out... I just want to remember G N' R of old.
    There's always Appetite, Tom. Still awesome after 30 years. 

I wonder what the outtakes/rejected songs from the Illusion albums were like? The ones that must have gotten ditched in favour of the endless piano ballads? 

I suppose if if you listen to It's 5 O'Clock Somewhere it gives an indicator of where the rest of the band would have preferred to go. It still stands up pretty well - not least because it's not marinated in early 90's reverb...

• Bygone_TonesBygone_Tones Frets: 1528
    edited August 2017
    There is only one slash les paul worth having in my opinion:

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • armitaanarmitaan Frets: 378
    underdog said:
    Whatever anyone says about Gibson their marketing department could sell sand to the Middle East. I'm a little disappointed they didn't let their creative juices go with this one, how about the "Paradise City" signature:

1. Wood initially soaked in barrels of Jack a Daniels for 3 years then..
    2. Dried in a unique chamber which simulates the mahogany being subjected to 5 years of Marlboro Red exhalation.
    3. Embalmed in the finest Colombian coca leaves then finally,
    4. Taken to a minimum of 20 of LA's finest strip joints to provide an authentic '80s vibe.

anything I've missed off?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    There is only one slash les paul worth having in my opinion:

Disgustingly sleezy, over the top cheesiness but fuck I'd love to own one, about 25k when they do come up for sale 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited August 2017
    armitaan said:
    underdog said:
    Whatever anyone says about Gibson their marketing department could sell sand to the Middle East. I'm a little disappointed they didn't let their creative juices go with this one, how about the "Paradise City" signature:

1. Wood initially soaked in barrels of Jack a Daniels for 3 years then..
    2. Dried in a unique chamber which simulates the mahogany being subjected to 5 years of Marlboro Red exhalation.
    3. Embalmed in the finest Colombian coca leaves then finally,
    4. Taken to a minimum of 20 of LA's finest strip joints to provide an authentic '80s vibe.

anything I've missed off?

Anything you've missed? That time has moved on, he hasn't done drugs for over 10 years, hasn't smoke for a long time, and mainly spends his time either playing guitar, involved with horror films or promoting wildlife charities.

He's played with a big range of artists over the years, in all different styles. As much as guitarists like to slag him off, he quite obviously just loves playing music, and is probably the best guitarist he's ever been right now.

For what it's worth I did find you post funny and give it a lol.

• bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Looks amazing, although way too expensive.  
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    Here's his latest sig model:

Image result for slash fender

• Bonkers pricing. Will stick to my rossa corsa. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • There is only one slash les paul worth having in my opinion:

Always loved the look of that.

@noisepolluter, still loving appetite! 
    Ain't Life Grand was awesome.
  • Not sure why they've released 3 versions of it. Even the 3.5k plain to isn't worth it 
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    Epiphone did that colour years ago. A mate had one as a spare for gigging.

Each to their own but Slash & Bonamassa have been done to death on signature models. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom