Moon Duo

Heard their Occult Architecture vol 1? Some decent psych garage guitar stuff. Its the fella from Wooden Shjips 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    They're really good. I saw them on the recent tour they did and they were great - mesmeric and motorik with loads of trippy visuals. Even better now they have a real drummer.
  • dogload said:
    They're really good. I saw them on the recent tour they did and they were great - mesmeric and motorik with loads of trippy visuals. Even better now they have a real drummer.
    They are better live with a drummer aren't they. I really rate Ripley Johnson. Do you listen to Black Mountain?
  • dogloaddogload Frets: 1495
    Definitely better. Yes I agree, I really like Ripley Johnson's playing - I think my favourite of his has got to be on Wooden Shjips' 'Flight'; a brilliant song imho. 

Black Mountain? Yes. 'IV' is probably my favourite album - I think hat's probably because I came to them via the live session they did for KEXP-FM on You Tube. A superb live version of 'Space To Bakersfield' there. There was an interview with Stephen McBean posted on here a while back where he's alking about his gear... he was incredibly er, 'laid back'!
  • dogload said:
    Definitely better. Yes I agree, I really like Ripley Johnson's playing - I think my favourite of his has got to be on Wooden Shjips' 'Flight'; a brilliant song imho. 

Black Mountain? Yes. 'IV' is probably my favourite album - I think hat's probably because I came to them via the live session they did for KEXP-FM on You Tube. A superb live version of 'Space To Bakersfield' there. There was an interview with Stephen McBean posted on here a while back where he's alking about his gear... he was incredibly er, 'laid back'!
    I need to check out Wooden Shjips - I've seen them on KEXP but haven't got any of their records. 

There are a few Black Mountain KEXP videos - all very good I think.

Ha ha - I know the video you mean! He was very relaxed wasn't he? and probably fancied a snack!