Super fine sandpapers?

What's Hot
I'd like to finish my Wudtoned guitars with sandpapers, running from maybe 1000 grit to 4000 before applying a polish to get them proper shiny and smooth.

Obviously, Wudtone finishes are proper thin so I have no use for anything in heavy grits, it's really just to put on a block and very, very lightly smooth everything off.  

Bloody rip off, I don't want to partake in that!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Micromesh is really good mate. Not the cheapest, but it's cloth backed so it lasts for ages.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polishing-MicroMesh-Finishing-Flexible-Sandpaper/dp/B003RTABUK
  • Micromesh is really good mate. Not the cheapest, but it's cloth backed so it lasts for ages.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Polishing-MicroMesh-Finishing-Flexible-Sandpaper/dp/B003RTABUK
    But... The postage...

It comes in an envelope, it shouldn't cost that much! Surely there is another dealer out there who doesn't do insane postage profit?
  • There may well be. I think Axminster stock them...
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3851
    Pming you pd.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • t1000t1000 Frets: 93
    I have brought fine wet and dry from halfrauds in the past. I cant remember exact but im sure they do upto 2000 grit at least
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

On one vid I watched, the guy recommended a sheet of A4 copier paper.

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    edited February 2014 tFB Trader
    Try D D he does a pack of 9 for about £14 these go form1200 to 12000 grit they can be used over and over again as they can be washed out after use then used again.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10644
    Consider fine wire wool from b and q.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz said:
    Consider fine wire wool from b and q.
    Already got some wire wool, and while it's fine, it's a bit too abrasive for polishing up.
    GSPBASSES said:
    Try D D he does a pack of 9 for about £14 these go form1200 to 12000 grit they can be used over and over again as they can be washed out after use then used again.

Cheers mate, I'll definitely look into that!

@deadman has been super generous and is sending me a couple of bits of his, so it'll get me out of trouble and let me know what I need to buy.  I reckon that set will be great though, 12000 grit!
  • @GSPBASSES, that guy sells literally everything I could need, bookmarked for future reference.  Thanks!