Loading toneprints to the wrong TC pedal

What's Hot
revsorgrevsorg Frets: 878
I saw @digitalscream 's sales thread recently where he said he'd loaded a chorus toneprint to his TC Shaker vibrato pedal.

This made me wonder, could I load a Sub'n'Up toneprint to my Alter Ego v2?  So I tried, and it didn't seem to work.  Maybe it did work but I didn't know how to test it.

Does anyone know whether there are limits relating to loading particular toneprints to particular TC toneprint pedals?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    I think digitalscream is referring to uploading a chorus toneprint made specifically for the Shaker, see here http://www.tcelectronic.com/shaker-vibrato-toneprints/shaker-vibrato-proguitarshop-shaker-chorus/ . As you found out you can't upload toneprints designed for different pedals.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Depends. I think you can get pretty creative with the tone print editor.

I managed to turn my FlashBack X4 into a Chorus, a faux reverb, a Flanger and an Overdrive. 

" Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1263
    There is a tri-chorus toneprint for the Flashback (using the modulation with zero delay) and the new Hall of Fame II has the Sub'n'Up engine for its shimmer effect so you might be able to do it in the Toneprint editor for that pedal. Does the new Flashback II have the Sub'n'Up engine in it? If I remember correctly, there is a 'Crystals' pitch-shifted delay toneprint now.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom