Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

A bit out of hand?

What's Hot

Comments

• Skipped said:
    this is my couch guitar:     :))

That looks uncomfortable, didnt you try dfs first?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    Non rust strings must be a very welcome development if you have a house full of guitars.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    A wise man once said, "You can't have too many guitars."
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• There's not enough Gibsons in the OP
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    I count 14.

Amateur.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    There also one in a cupboard and enough parts for another two Strats... Almost a Gibson lurking in there... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v375/Niallmo/009_zps07acfbd8.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11891

"what we see here is the early symptoms, before the syndrome takes full control"

and yes, I have to use Elixirs, not a cure for my condition, but it makes it easier to deal with

• xSkarloeyxSkarloey Frets: 2962
    Certainly room for a few nice acoustics there. Your good work is far from over.
  • GIJoeGIJoe Frets: 213
    Absolutely out of hand...far too many pointy guitars and not enough teles :p

"Nobody is really researching robot jokes"

• FezFez Frets: 522
    Just showed my wife the OP picture and she said how many you got Seven I replied you should have seen her face when I said yes I need couple more don't I?
    Don't touch that dial.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NiallmoNiallmo Frets: 467
    Ermmmm... I appear to have another to add next week....
  • BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    You think you're out of hand... I'm 18 and I have nine. With plans for more. And two pedalboards.
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • Bucket said:
    You think you're out of hand... I'm 18 and I have nine. With plans for more. And two pedalboards.
    So inspiring.  

I'm 23, I have 4 1/2 guitars (including a bass and a guitar that I still don't own, and will need to finish, buy pickups for and generally fettle).  I hardly have room for those! I have 4 effects pedals.  One of them is a tuner...

I might sell my Tele body to help fund my trip around Europe.  Which is a shame as it's gorgeous.  So that'll take me down to just 4 guitars.

I think we need to dig the thread out for our @bucket scores. 
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    If you get rid of the pedal tuner, and get a clip on, you'll free up enough floor space for another guitar, I reckon!

You're welcome..!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobe said:
    If you get rid of the pedal tuner, and get a clip on, you'll free up enough floor space for another guitar, I reckon!

You're welcome..!
    Wisdom awarded.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17603
    tFB Trader
    I'm very much in the small number of posh ones camp, but whatever tickles your pickle. 
  • GruGru Frets: 339
    I haven't studied what you have but that's a significant amount of guitars. It's funny my wife said that she preferred it when I bought and sold golf clubs. However, I never showed her the picture of the person that had a spare room full of putters and about 8 full sets with staff bags. I think I maxed out at 3 sets, but I bought/sold a crazy number of clubs over about a 5 year span.

Now it's guitars. I am now on number 5 (Pacifica, Fret King, Shine semi hollow (now on ebay at over twice the price it sold for?), Strat, now tele. But, they are slightly harder to store (can't just leave them in a cold garage). It might be 6 buy end of weekend, the only saving grace it that I have had no more than 2 and currently trying to keep 1 at a time although my wife asked me to enjoy the one I have before selling/trading again.

The thing is, for me it is a release from work, in the same way modding is. I just need to find one that I really gel with. I think it could be the Blacktop Strat, that is until I fancy the 339. :-)

• mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    I had 13 guitars at one stage. I sold a most of them and felt quite liberated by it. Went down to about 4. I'm now upto 6.  I think the number of guitars you own is more a mental thing than physical. When I had 13 I often felt the need to play them all and would play a couple of songs with one then move onto the next. This often required tuning, slight tweaks to amps and pedals. Never really gel'd or got to know any one particular guitar. At that time I had been playing 1-2 years so the experience of trying stuff probably far outweighed my ability. Don't even mention changing strings on a regular basis or setups!  Also had a similar thing with pedals and is probably part of the reason now I only use 1 or 2 pedals with an amp.

Now I'll often play a couple of the guitars every day so everything gets used every 2 to 3 days.

You have to find what number you are happy with.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2356
    mcsdan said:
    You have to find what number you are happy with.

One more...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SkippedSkipped Frets: 2371
    I would like to hear from somebody who has 1 guitar and 10 awesome amps.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom