SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: strat wanted.

thatblissthatbliss Frets: 3
edited August 2013 in Guitars £
Hello everyone! Bit of a music radar lurker here, and I'm looking for a strat! Got about £350 to spend, ideally a fender, maple neck preferred and hopefully something with hss routing.

Anyone got a strat that's not too expensive looking for a good home? Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• relic245relic245 Frets: 962
    edited August 2013
    I've got an early 80's Tokai Silver series in sunburst with a maple neck in very good condition.

I fitted a set of wizard tweed tone pickups and put in a wiring loom from axesrus that has cts pots and proper caps.

It currently has no knobs as the old ones didn't fit the cts pots and I have never got around to buying any more. It could do with a set up, it's not playing quite as nice as it used to. It has a good condition hard case and is yours for £320 delivered. 

BTW I'm not sure what you meant by something that has routing

I can take some pictures if you're interested.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    edited August 2013
    G&L tribute legacy in black / maple?

Can't remember what the routing is like, but could check if you want.

£290 delivered or £275 collected from Nottingham.

Let me know if you'd like more pics / details.

PS - is that a Songs Ohia avatar?
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5015
    I reckon routing means HHS?!
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Basically I'm looking to stick a humbucker in the bridge position, most Mexican strats are routed for a hss configuration. I'll have a think about the offers, the g&l headstock always looks funny and the Tokai sounds like more work than I'm up for.

Yeah it's songs:ohia, my favourite project/band/thing ever. Good spot.
  • horsehorse Frets: 1568
    I think the G&L is 'swimming pool' routed, but you'd also need a non-standard scratch plate for HSS due to the trem shape unless you used hotrails or similar, so probably not economical. Plus I know the headstock bothers some people!

Although I wasn't a big fan I remember feeling genuinely sad when I read about Jason Molina's death.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15485

hmmm, I may be rationalising my little collection and was thinking of selling my strat. It's a mexi 60's strat in sunburst with texas specials pups (so RW neck, not what you're after). It is a nice model though, bought off lewy, occasional bachelor of this parish. Would be looking for about £260 odd, plus postage.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.