Pedal board wiring experts - tuner out box/diagram advice please?

What's Hot
MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
I've changed my pedal board setup recently, it used to have a volume pedal (Boss FV500H) placed after a buffer, comp and drive pedals, and I used the FV500H's tuner out jack to go into a Hardwire HT-6 polyphonic tuner, which was on all the time, and I just backed off the volume pedal if I wanted to tune silently. This worked nicely, gave a bit of an LED light show when I was playing, and I much preferred it to having to switch the tuner on and off when I wanted to use it.

Now I'm basically straight into a Boss MS-3 (which I'm really liking) with drive pedals in 2 of the loops, and the FV500H used as an expression pedal (usually set as a volume controller). So I can't use the tuner out on the FV500H any more, and the the one thing I miss about the old setup is the Hardwire tuner, which was/is great. The tuner on the MS-3 works OK, but it's not as good as the Hardwire HT-6, and I miss the polyphonic tuning capability also.

I'm thinking I could still use the buffer I had on the old board, and then maybe some sort of passive splitter box afterwards, that would replicate the tuner out wiring in the FV500H, or something like it. Is this a goer? and if so, what would be a suitable wiring diagram? I'm guessing it wouldn't be overly complicated, and hopefully I could knock up something myself. An alternative might  be to buy something like the Empress buffer, but that could cost me a fair bit, just to get the tuner out facility.

Thanks for reading, and any advice, cheers :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• All you need is a buffered splitter surely? 

A quick Google suggests that poodle pedal parts will sell you a kit. Other people make them too---suspect Bright Onion will do one. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    All you need is a buffered splitter surely? 

A quick Google suggests that poodle pedal parts will sell you a kit. Other people make them too---suspect Bright Onion will do one. 

Yeah, of course you're right - I was over-thinking it. And Bright Onion do do something very suitable, cheers.
  • MegiiMegii Frets: 1670
    Just to add - first time I've dealt with Bright Onion, but James is a top man - he is building me the exact thing I'm after, including getting the input/output/tuner out jacks exactly where I want them, plus my chosen colour of blue LED - all for £35 including UK postage. Kind of wished I had more things I need, but that really is it. James said he'd just done one very similar for his own board. So Bright Onion Pedals - top place to go for pedal board stuff! :)