SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold Melancon Classic Artist £950...Back Up For Sale or Trade

What's Hot
kramereekrameree Frets: 101
edited October 2017 in Guitars £

Hi
i picked this guitar up a few years ago and It has held its own against any guitar I've played. I will add my pics later (getting a decent camera very soon as my phone is rubbish) specs are in the link apart from I've added new graphec saddles

£950 is a cash price but will entertain trades, simply let me know what you have and at worst I can say no...I'm near Woking in Surrey 

http://melanconguitars.com/classic-artist-109/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ahh this is my old one, amazing guitar. Here is some additional info I received from Gerard Melancon via email after I contacted him asking about the guitar. When I bought the guitar from Coda the info on the spec was a bit sketchy.

The specs are as follows:
    Classic Artist #1500, Alder body with Flame maple top finished in Honeyburst.  Body also has tone chambers. The neck is maple with and East Indian Rosewood fingerboard, 10" radius and 1.6875" nut width. S/S/H pickup configuration with Melancon Blues wind pickups. The controls should be Master Volume, Tone for neck and middle and then a tone for the bridge that is also a push/pull to split the humbucker. Chrome hardware with a tremelo. It doesn't state the pickguard but it should  probably  be a pearloid. The order sheet also requested that I sign the back of headstock. Does this appear to be the guitar you have? If so it was completed in November of 2009. If not send over a couple of pictures because the guitar was part of a 4 piece shipment with all four guitars having consecutive serial numbers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • kramereekrameree Frets: 101
    Hi #kennedydream1980 thanks for that, I agree the guitar is exceptional. I had Paul from www.prguitars.co.uk set it up and I would put it against any Suhr or Tom Anderson...
  • pruddprudd Frets: 654
    Melancon's are indeed fine guitars.
    Thanks prudd...FYI all, £950 is the cash price. I've had a couple of trade offers and anything I take I would be looking to sell on very quickly, this will be reflected in potential deals...
    Pics are up now...Ive tried to get detail, the back has marks I couldnt capture that well...
    Bumping...had a couple offers of standard guitars for trade but still available...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hi FBers...I took a deposit on this however the buyer has been unable to complete so it is back up for sale or trade
    I should add...Im in the North East (Tynemouth) until Friday so if anyone whats to view let me know
  • CastroCastro Frets: 512
    Love Melancons....played some in Toronto several years back as was mightily impressed.

Anyone looking for a great Strat' should audition this one.
    Currently on hold pending the usual