Freekish Blues Alpha Drive

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
Am I going crazy or have TGP deleted all the old threads wherein they stoked the reputation of the wonderpedal? lol

I was trying to tell a friend about it all and wanted to link, but all I find is the occasional reference to what happened, rather the actual hype and reveal 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6122
    tFB Trader
    I think it was saved on the internet wayback machine 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • MattPMattP Frets: 252
    I remember that clusterf*ck so well - it was hilarious!!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6122
    tFB Trader
    MattP said:
    i imagine not so for those got that got bit.....
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7392
    ThorpyFX said:
    MattP said:
    i imagine not so for those got that got bit.....
    On the flipside the resale value of the BBE Wah I already owned was improved by the Vertex shenanigans lol (although I've never been tempted to sell it tbh - it is nice)   

It's a shame so much of the actual material is gone - it's the best example of the Emperor's New Pedal Housing you cold ever get. I'll just have to explain it to my friend, rather than link him
    Red ones are better. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • God, was it all the way back then? 

Very embarrassing for tgp. I remember them deleting any thread that mentioned it. 
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    TimmyO said:

It's a shame so much of the actual material is gone - it's the best example of the Emperor's New Pedal Housing you cold ever get.
    We'll always have the Klone market for that. Still continues to this day!
    edited August 2017

Very embarrassing for tgp. I remember them deleting any thread that mentioned it. 
    The Dumbloid and Jan Ray threads are probably still kicking around. There's a lot of denial still for those.

I had to stop going there. It made my teeth itch more than Klone threads on here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    juansolo said:
    TimmyO said:

It's a shame so much of the actual material is gone - it's the best example of the Emperor's New Pedal Housing you cold ever get.
    There's one on ebay for about 1500 quid if you're interested.
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    juansolo said:
    TimmyO said:

Having recently got into pedal building and started to really understand what's behind/inside a lot of pedals, it shocks me how blindly some buy into that insanity. Not just the boutique stuff, Dunlop Fuzzfaces and Ibanez Tubes Screamers are laughably priced for what they are. The TS808 is about £180 now, you can buy a TC Electronics Flashback 4x for another £15, which is on totally different level tech/development wise.
  • juansolo said:

The Dumbloid and Jan Ray threads are probably still kicking around. There's a lot of denial still for those.

I had to stop going there. It made my teeth itch more than Klone threads on here...

Indeed. The dumbloid has been cloned by a frequent posting amp builder there, who said he'd only produce enough to cover the costs of him buying one to determine it was a modded tubescreamer. 

Still makes them ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72249
    Octafish said:

Having recently got into pedal building and started to really understand what's behind/inside a lot of pedals, it shocks me how blindly some buy into that insanity. Not just the boutique stuff, Dunlop Fuzzfaces and Ibanez Tubes Screamers are laughably priced for what they are. The TS808 is about £180 now, you can buy a TC Electronics Flashback 4x for another £15, which is on totally different level tech/development wise.
    Or a Boss SD-1, which is almost identical circuit- and quality-wise, for £49.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

edited August 2017
    juansolo said:

Indeed. The dumbloid has been cloned by a frequent posting amp builder there, who said he'd only produce enough to cover the costs of him buying one to determine it was a modded tubescreamer. 

Still makes them
    Oh yeah, he was selling clones 1/2 price (still stupidly expensive) and wouldn't let on what it was. It took FSB tracing it (again...) to find out is was YATS. Even then they'd still not have it, so I built one on a Fuzzdog TS PCB and put up the details should anyone want to do the same...

Sound shit as well. With a bit of fettling you can make it sound a LOT better, but it's still, well, shit.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom