Did anyone else buy a Bad Cat Bobcat 5/100 in the Coda Sale?

jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
edited November 2017 in Amps
Seemed like a great deal  (RRP £1500 or thereabouts) and I've been wanting an inexpensive, loud, clean combo with reverb for a while! 

Mine arrived today and and first impressions are good, it's really punchy and sounds great. 

I must admit I hadn't heard of their Unleash technology before but it really does give the 5w pre amp a smack in the knackers!

More of a report once I've gigged it!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Jealous!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AdamskiAdamski Frets: 1278
    tried to. Emailed them about it and they didn't reply. Bit disappointed but I guess if I was sure on it I would have just bought it regardless. Hope you get on with it, In hindsight it probably wasn't totally right for what I was after. 

Let me know how it goes! 

• TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    I bought one a few months back, but returned it. It was nowhere near as loud as it should have been, and I could see it getting buried at bigger gigs (I tested it at a social club gig, which was a pretty low stage volume affair, and had it close to maxed out). Shame, because I liked it apart from that. 
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2464
    I had a good play around with it yesterday and am very impressed. With a strat it has plenty of giggable clean headroom and my p90 junior sounds glorious through it with the boost switch engaged. Reverb sounds very Fender like especially when turned up to 'surf' levels. Cool amp!
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    I seriously considered it but thought it may be a bit too much for home practice.  I couldn't find much info online about them either so I didn't bother
    pmg said:
    I seriously considered it but thought it may be a bit too much for home practice.  I couldn't find much info online about them either so I didn't bother
    To be fair it sounds great cranked and with the speaker working hard but a bit meh at quiet volumes. Luckily I bought it for the former use!
  • pmgpmg Frets: 298
    I have a couple of Badcats for the latter already, was looking to upgrade my low volume playing amp.  The search goes on....
    Gigged it last night with a 7 piece function band and it sounded excellent, sat in the mix in just the right spot and I could hear every note perfectly.

My only criticism is that the basic clean sound of the amp sounded a bit clinical for the funkier numbers, might try a compression pedal for that... 

...but it took my od pedals very well and even the 2&4 positions of my strat poked through nicely in a 'layla' sort of way.