Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Name an album on which you admire the guitar playing

What's Hot

Comments

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    A handful of blues - Robben Ford. Blues songs I can actually listen to and the guitar playing can only be described as shit hot. The playing on the opener Rugged Road bends my mind.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7162
    Animals by This Town Needs Guns. Tim is without doubt the most astounding player I've come across. Ridiculously gifted. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    TonyR said:
    Veganic said:

Also interesting* The Smiths fact.  Mozzer sang "Marie's the name of his latest flame" over Rusholme Ruffians live at least once.

*Not very
    Yes there's a track on the live album "Rank" that starts as "His Latest Flame" and seques into "Rusholme Ruffians " - the chord sequence is subtly different!
    Never listened to Rank. There goes my street-cred   :/
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Megadeth - Rust in Piece - completely mental
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4980
    What is the point of these threads? It ought to be a suggestion of an album worth listening to (and of course, buying). Rather it becomes a boring list of albums with little or no indication of the music type or genre.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    You miserable prick
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11590
    tFB Trader
    UFO - Strangers in the Night (Live)
    Queen - everything from debut album up to The Game 

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    UFO - Strangers in the Night (Live)
    Queen - everything from debut album up to The Game 
    I saw UFO on the Lights Out and Obsession tours too.
    Stayed behind and met UFO after the gig in Nottingham; they were doped out of their head and Schenker went off and sat in his own limo.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rocker said:
    What is the point of these threads? It ought to be a suggestion of an album worth listening to (and of course, buying). Rather it becomes a boring list of albums with little or no indication of the music type or genre.
    WTF?!?!
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Rocker said:
    Every time I read your posts I can't help singing "I hope I die before I get old". No idea why.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2408
    Rocker said:
    I think you've overcomplicated things. It doesn't matter if we like the album you suggest, and you're not trying to influence us to buy it or listen to it; it's merely a thread whereby you merely choose an album with guitar playing you admire. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Dire Straits. On the Night...its live, its awesome, the Lap Steel solo on Walk of Life, one of my all time favourites.....pure class, I still have a dodgy back from having my seven year old on my shoulders for the whole gig at a Ipswich football stadium........Also saw the same tour at Wembley arena, when they launched into Calling Elvis my son said " Dad, I can hear my heart beating" such is the power of music,  so many memories....age 9 same son started to learn to play...many years later...he's a bit good......
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• ibisibis Frets: 8
    Late for the sky by Jackson Brown
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    Robin Trower Live.  It always makes me happy.  And I'm generally a miserable bastard.
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    edited August 2017
    bbill335 said:
    Love this album! Pretty much anything Ty Segall does ends up being good though.

Fugazi - pretty much any of them. 
    Nirvana - Nevermind. In Bloom solo is perfection.
    QOTSA - Songs For the Deaf.
    RATM - any of them. Best riffs ever and most interesting approach to lead guitar.
    Mastodon - Blood Mountain & Crack The Skye. It's all about Bill Kelliher's rhythm playing for me. Holding down the fort with some tasty chords.
    Them Crooked Vultures.
  • ewalewal Frets: 2582
    Sonic Youth - Dirty.

I think it is easy to take SY for granted (well it was until they split), and I know alot of purists don't rate the Geffen era albums. But this is an alternative rock guitar masterclass. Totally unique playing but with at times a really classic garage rock feel.
    The Scrambler-EE Walk soundcloud experience
  • BigLicks67BigLicks67 Frets: 766
    As a kid Physical Graffiti, stuff like TenYears Gone is a beautifully crafted guitar song.

Also, Marquee Moon by Television great alternative style playing with no blues fiddling in sight.
  • dindude said:
    A handful of blues - Robben Ford. Blues songs I can actually listen to and the guitar playing can only be described as shit hot. The playing on the opener Rugged Road bends my mind.
    Yes that's another good one. I'm starting to wonder whether I should change my mind. I suppose there isn't one album that epitomises everything I like in guitar playing.
    It's not a competition.
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    Sporky said:
    Dark Star - 20-20 Sound

As with the excellent suggestion of Cave In's "Jupiter" above, it's not just the guitar playing and the songs, but really excellent use of effects.
    +1 for Dark Star - since @Sporky has stolen my idea, I'll go with Origin of Symmetry by Muse
  • bingefellerbingefeller Frets: 5723
    Ozzy Osbourne's No More Tears.  That was Zakk's finest moment IMO.