NWHPD - Another one off the bench...

KalimnaKalimna Frets: 1534
Well, after finishing a build of a WH Green Rhino about 3 weeks ago, finding it didnt work at all in engaged mode and promptly leaving for holiday for a fortnight, I decided to have at it with a fresh pair of eyes.

Built on a 22x22 piece of stripboard with 40 cuts, 20 links and around 50 components, I made a strong cuppa and sat down with a YouTube Knopfler gig and a multimeter.
Anyway, i discovered a missed 240k resistor in the middle of the board. Doh! Out with the iron, avoiding the wires and AWOL component goes in.
Nip downstairs to plug into my Blackstar 15 tvp and yay! It works! I have no idea whether it sounds like an original or not (and the 100Hz control has a very narrow usability range) but a quick 5 minute play suggest some cracking tones in there. With any luck it will come into its own on the arrival of my new valve combo later this year... My first home built pedal was a Red Llama (gotta love the Way Huge line) so i now have the makings of a camel toe. Add that to the Pork Loin, Saffron Squeeze, Swollen Pickle and Tone Leper and theres almost a full WH board there :) Though i would struggle immensely with the Blue Hippo and Aqua Puss.

Dont have photos yet as the controls are hand written on insulating tape. Very diy.

Cheers,
Adam
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom