Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Switchpick. The all new plectrum

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Hi all
    I hold my hands up. We have screwed up and apologise. We are a new company and new to
    the forum community. Please don't judge the product on my inexperience at marketing. First and foremost I'm a guitarist not a sales person.
    Any constructive comments will be greatly appreciated.

Post in Made in the UK

Add a sig with a link to your business web address

Dont try to hoodwink us - we are used to it all too often

Join in on all discussions - we don't bite

We have some businesses on here and they are amongst some of our most respected members - it's a goal worth going for, especially if you are a guitarist first and foremost 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    Hi all
    I hold my hands up. We have screwed up and apologise. We are a new company and new to
    the forum community. Please don't judge the product on my inexperience at marketing. First and foremost I'm a guitarist not a sales person.

That's the spirit. I also believe this may be the first time in the history of the forum that a rough start has gone in this direction! :D
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    fred said:
    I bought a tin of 5 Switchpicks to try. Got to say they work well. Don't slip out of your fingers and they are easy to flip over to a different thickness, which is great on my acoustic. Hope it goes well
    I'd say you bought more than a tin of 5, given that you're one of the officers of the company.
    As they don't show up on eBay searches and there is no purchase link on the website you probably have to work for them to buy any so perhaps it's not a surprise.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Hi all

Made my last comment without seeing this first. I think you've answered your own question - people see their forums, Facebook groups, etc, as communities ( even if erroneously at times) and being the internet equivalent of a sweaty bloke in an old van offering to fix your roof tiles for £50 won't be welcomed by most people.
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27434
    Hi all

We have a forum jam scheduled for next Saturday.

No, this isn't an invitation.  But, if a bunch of your new picks were to drop through my letterbox before next Saturday, you'll get a lot of hands on them, and a lot of comment about them, on here sometime after next Saturday.

That's a genuine offer because you've responded genuinely to the initial false start.

I can't guarantee what sort of feedback you'd get, but I'm pretty sure that you'd get plenty of it.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Thank you all for being so understanding. We are at the point of pushing the button on an initial 
    production run aimed for mid September. At present we are just trying to gauge response to the idea. We've been working closely with the Music Industries Association who have been very encouraging. Hope to keep you all updated on our progress and as suggested by Rocker perhaps 
    send free samples to all the moderators to test and review.
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited August 2017
    I bought a tin of 5 Switchpicks to try. Got to say they all broke after 5 minutes. They constantly slipped out of my fingers and they scratched my acoustic to bits.

PS I work for Jim Dunlop 
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    Nice one @AndBar1966

This place can be really good for businesses, but you have to be on the level or it usually goes very wrong.
    Hope the business goes swimmingly. 
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
    C'mon, guys...be gentle. He's admitted that it was a bad approach, so let's give him a decent second chance :)

@AndBar1966 - worth noting that the lack of invitation to the jam next weekend isn't 'cos you're not welcome, but rather because there are limited spaces and we're all sold out.
    <space for hire>
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11570
    tFB Trader
    Firstly - welcome to the forum.
    It's usually a fun and friendly place
    But just like walking into a pub you're not a regular in - it serves you well to hang out there and meet a few folks before laying out your stall.
    As a repairer and maker of guitars who has been on the forum a long time and I think I get on fairly well with most of the folk on here.
    I know that I have seen significant amounts of new customers and made a lot of new friends from being here, and it certainly pays to be an active and fun contributor to some of the guitar chat and banter on here.
    It's also very true that any chat about you and your product tends to be quite visible on  Google, so getting a warm reception on here certainly helps with your public profile if people go searching for you.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Flink_PoydFlink_Poyd Frets: 2490
    edited August 2017
     Hope to keep you all updated on our progress and as suggested by Rocker perhaps 
    Good God man don't send them to the admins. They're the worst guitarists out of all of us!
    Nobody is guaranteed tomorrow.....

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  •  Hope to keep you all updated on our progress and as suggested by Rocker perhaps 
    Good God man don't send them to the admins. They're the worst guitarists out of all of us!
    -wait, I'm an admin now? :-D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10264
    tFB Trader
    Hi all

Welcome @AndBar1966 ... 
    I've been a trade member here since the old Music Radar Forum days ... back when Adam's Dog was a foetus :-)
    I will admit to walking in and upsetting loads of people early on ... sorry @Sporky ;-) but this is like a big family, and in general  we all get along fine. Opinions can get heated, and some are not as gentle in their comments as others, but we are all musos ... and muso opinions and humour can be a bit 'blunt'. 
    I've found this a fantastic shop window and testing ground for ideas ... and I've made some damn good friends as well as business contacts here. As @FelineGuitars says ... treat this like a pub, expect there to be banter ... play by the rules (there are very few of them, but they are enforced) and you'll fit right in.
    Ash
    Oil City Pickups
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message