NAD All valve goodness from zee Germans

LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
edited August 2017 in Amps
Well that was an interesting day! I started our looking at the Marshall DSL 40C, mainly because I saw the Andertons video. I was more interested in the one that @DrCornelius  is selling but because of geography I decided to go and waste some of my local box shifters time by testing one out there. I quickly learned that either I'm incompetent and can't setup an amp, or the DSL couldn't tickle my ears with the particular clean tone I wanted. With apologies to the good Dr, who's been very helpful throughout (and you should definitely buy his amp! He's a gent!) I went to see another amp locally tonight, which instantly hit the sound I wanted. An added bonus is that it's very clever, because...well, Germans! It covers all bases that my 100w Katana does and much much more. It also sounds astonishingly good. Like someone has smothered it in your dairy based product of choice. 

So, without further ado, here it is: 

Ah go on, I had to! 

This time, I promise...

Apart from a small tear at the bottom of the grill cloth and needing a bit of a clean up, it's in good condition and sounds bloody marvelous! I'm well chuffed! Now I'm off to make lots of noise, and decide which pedals I can now sell...and whether to add the Katana to the classifieds pages of tFB or not. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7069
    Heard good things about the H and K stuff but never played one . Well done for going for something not so run of the mill Chris , hope you love it.

• Heard good things about the H and K stuff but never played one . Well done for going for something not so run of the mill Chris , hope you love it.

I've briefly tried a few H&Ks before and always liked the mix of great sound and modern tech. This one ticks those boxes and then some! Thanks again for your time today mate. Hope you sell yours soon! 

• Here's the pile of stuff I've taken off the board that I no longer need...

The Space Chorus might go as well, haven't decided yet whether I like the built in modulation. Much more space to play with now!

• randellarandella Frets: 4088
    Good shout - I had a H&K Tubemeister for a while, it was a lovely thing but I couldn't get on with the drive - the cleans were beautiful though. :)

Happy NAD!
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4302
    I sink you vill find zey are Chermans.....