Battery powered reverb pedals?

What's Hot
zepp76zepp76 Frets: 2534
I'm in need of a battery powered reverb pedal that is capable of those deep lush reverb sounds that Peter Green got, is there such a pedal? I have a Strymon Bluesky and HOF mini neither of which are capable of being battery powered, can you good folks help please? Thank you.
Tomorrow will be a good day.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1368
    edited August 2017
    boss frv1? big box hall of fame?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Boss FRV-1 or RV-5.

Battery life won't be great since all digital pedals have a fairly high current draw, but it will get you through a gig or two. Boss quote 2 hrs (carbon battery) and 6 hrs (alkaline battery) for the RV-5, and up to 10.5hrs (alkaline) for the FRV-1.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• The problem with battery powered reverbs is that the battery tends to die before the trails do. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Actually having said that I think the Zoom MS-70CDR has a pretty good battery life and it has loads of reverb options. 
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1591

Said this before! Get a 6 AA cell holder from Maplin, a power plug and a PP3 snap lead. Load that up with Lithiums.

Dave.

• Actually having said that I think the Zoom MS-70CDR has a pretty good battery life and it has loads of reverb options. 
    Yup, lasts for hours and hours on a pair of AA.

• TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 181
    I use rechargeable 9V lithium batteries for all of my pedals. EBL I think - bought on Amazon and not expensive. They should get better life than most disposable batteries, and help the environment as well...