Spring reverb with a short slapback tape delay

RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13940
edited August 2017 in FX
Not a combination I've particularly tried but the spring reverb with a short slapback from the JHS milkman sounds good here. I need to play about with short delays and splashy reverbs combos:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72311
    The Boss RV-3 can do that too, although the reverb is either hall or plate rather than spring.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Personally, I find that reverb on my amp doesn't mix well with slapback, it obscures the repeat too much. That pedal does sound great, though!
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13940
    The spring reverb in that is from the Fender amp, the Milkman provides the slapback delay only

• JDEJDE Frets: 1092
    Yeah, I knew the Milkman didn't have verb, I just liked the way the repeats popped out when the guitar was picked hard. "Dynamic response" as the bullshit ads say. No matter how hard I pick, the repeats on my Aqua Puss get obscured by the verb from my amp.

i have had a fair few JHS pedals and the only one I really liked was the Morning Glory, so perhaps I should try this.