Belated NGD

drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
Due to some serious computer problems, I've not been able to do this any sooner (too much of a pain with the Android tablet!) but here's some pics of my new Blade RH-4.

While I was at it, I thought I might as well post pics of the G&L S-500 I bought from @monofin just before Christmas. They make a good pair of Strat copies ;-)

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• horsehorse Frets: 1563
    2 quite 'meaty' strats - how do you find they compare?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Great (even if belated) NGD.
    I've always fancied a Blade, love ebony boards, and that one looks fantastic.
    The woods on the G&L are just stunning throughout.
    Beautiful instruments  
    :)

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
    edited February 2014
    The Blade's more of an all rounder 'One guitar to rule them all'. Goes from delicate stratty sounds to beefier bluesy to mental high gain with a couple of flicks of the switches. It's a good all rounder without the active circuit but that adds several new dimensions. Fairly shallow neck profile with a fast ebony board. It's a great player. I wanted one for ages and I'm really pleased with it. Only gripe is the trem is very stiff so I'll need to do some work on that. Because of the way the Falcon trem works, I think some lighter springs might solve the problem without any adjusting.

The G&L is more of a traditional Strat but the p/u's are a bit meatier so it copes with gain differently, not quite but more like, humbuckers. Again, it's versatile tonally and a great player. Chunkier neck profile than the Blade but still very comfy. More traditional trem design which works very well and holds tune really well.

Both really good guitars and both able to handle pretty much any musical style ( maybe not djent but that's not really a concern for me!! ;-))
  • Nice. I love the woods on those G&Ls but personally I'm really not keen on tort pickguards. Great playing guitars.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2328
    Excellent :D Love superstrats and those are two very nice ones.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Mmmmmmmmm
    B-)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • horsehorse Frets: 1563
    Interesting - my s500 has a fairly slim neck. I think the top on yours makes mine look considerably less bling!

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 911
    Yup, it's a bit fancy! I wouldn't say the neck on the G&L is a baseball bat but it's a definite C shape and reminds me of a few Tele's I've played

Your S-500 looks nice too @horse. I think they're great guitars and vastly underrated.
  • LoobsLoobs Frets: 3831
    I had an S-500 briefly. I didn't think it sounded like a Strat. G&L are amazing guitars though. 
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    I absolutely love the s500's, they're an incredible bit of kit. 

I used to have a Blade, it was a lovely guitar but the previous owner had bastardised the poor thing with some horrific EMG actives, i dropped those out for a set of Wilkinson pickups and she was a an absolute dream, i found the fingerboard a bit flat for my liking but there was no disputing how good a guitar it was.
  • Those two s-500s are gorgeous. I even like the tort guard.

Nice work, gents.
    If you must have sex with a frog, wear a condom. If you want the frog to have fun, rib it.