SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Fender Highway one/American special Precision bass

Hi. Anyone have a Highway one or American special Precision bass they want to get rid of? Also interested in a Jazz Bass of the same series. 

Cheers,

Dan
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    Why not split the difference with an American Standard Dimension Bass? Two meaty pickups, passive VVT control layout, nice asymmetric neck profile.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    edited August 2017
    I found the dimension had an oddly balanced body, neck not to my liking. Better to buy a stingray or PJ if you're undecided.
  • Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 80
    Hi. Thanks, I hadn't considered the dimension bass. Wanting a highway one/special is mainly a budget issue really but I do like the satin finishes. Looking to move on up from my Epi Thunderbird! 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14424
    edited August 2017
    Jeddy3 said:
    Wanting a highway one/special is mainly a budget issue.
    I suspected as much.
    I found the dimension had an oddly balanced body, neck not to my liking. Better to buy a stingray or PJ if you're undecided.
    The Fender Dimension Bass balances fine if you wear it fairly high up on a strap. 

Jeddy3 said:
    Looking to move on up from my Epi Thunderbird! 
    'Bird to Precision or Jazz is quite a big change. Different sounds. Different ride. 

If you are happy with how the Epiphone plays but disappointed by its pickups, those nice people at EMG make T-Bird sized replacement pickups with P or J coils inside. http://www.emgpickups.com/bass/thunderbird.html ;
  • Jeddy3Jeddy3 Frets: 80
    Thanks for the comments. I quite like the Epi Thunderbird as it is but fancy something different that's all. Could just go for a Gibson Thunderbird but have always fancied a Precision. 
  • Jeddy3 said:
    Also interested in a Jazz Bass
    Whereabouts in the U.K. are you? 
  • I'm on the Isle of Wight. 
  • No further questions, m'lud.