SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 1965 Fender Newporter

RustyShacklefordRustyShackleford Frets: 56
edited October 2017 in Acoustics £
For sale is this 1965 Fender Newporter acoustic guitar. The Newporter was introduced in 1965 by Fender as a mahogany-bodied acoustic with the neck from a Stratocaster, and the initial production run lasted up until 1971. The serial number on this one is 04968 which indicates that it was made in 1965 in Fender's Anaheim, California factory.

The guitar plays well and sounds great, however,
it has taken some knocks over its long life and the body has two cracks that are cosmetic in nature and don't affect the guitar's sound or playability. One of the cracks is along the top shoulder of the body near the base of the neck, the other is a long crack along the back of the body which has been repaired with glue. In addition to this, the internal bracing has been glued and reinforced with a wooden cylinder.

The original Kluson Deluxe tuners work well and the guitar has been fitted with a new set of Rotosound strings. The rosewood fretboard is in good condition but there is some fret wear and light grooving in the root chord position.

I'm asking £695 but I'm open to offers. Collection in London or I can post it for an additional £15. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments