LAA Custom pedals.

What's Hot
SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
So it seems like these are the latest expensive flavour of the month boutique pedals and they all have transformer inside.
What do transformers in pedals bring to the table?
Is it worth the high price tag?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30289
    No-one, not even the Electric Gurus on here @ICBM @juansolo @ThorpyFX ?
    What advantage is there to transformers in pedals?
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26926
    I didn't see this earlier. Never heard of them tbh. Are they going nuts on TGP? If so I'd assume it's bullshit. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I didn't see this earlier. Never heard of them tbh. Are they going nuts on TGP? If so I'd assume it's bullshit. 
    I keep getting promo emails from PGS. Apparently they're going to change our World.
    Doesn't the Hudson Broadcast use a transformer?
    People seem to rave about those.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26926
    Well Andy makes them sound good (obviously) but I'm not hearing anything soul-grabbingly good, personally.

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    The last batch of bogner pedals with place names -  burnley, wessex etc had a transformer inside them iirc - they sounds pretty good but whether thats just a good design or due to the transformer idea I wouldn't know.    Nice idea though.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    Never heard of them.

Audio transformers do have some nice properties in some applications, but I don't really hear anything special there either. It may be more of something you'd notice if you were playing them.

The physical shape and layout of the pedals is annoying, and why don't they use decent jacks? (1'56" - not Switchcraft.)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

If I bought everything that PGS Andy sounded good through, I'd have faced financial ruin long ago.