The Darkest Scale Ever !!!

What's Hot
Yes, that's right, I used three exclamation marks for this recent video from Rick Beato.  Not for the faint hearted...

"The double harmonic major scale is a secret weapon for composition and film scoring. It contains 48 triads and seventh chords."

Duration 7:35

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6673
    edited September 2017
    Check out my tune "Lawless, Wing'd and Unconfin'd" written entirely in the double harmonic major. 

https://www.dropbox.com/home/hamsa - lawless, winged & unconfined?preview=08+-+Lawless+wing'd+&+unconfin'd.mp3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    edited September 2017
    Yes, that's right, I used three exclamation marks for this recent video from Rick Beato.  Not for the faint hearted...

"The double harmonic major scale is a secret weapon for composition and film scoring. It contains 48 triads and seventh chords."

Duration 7:35

If you like dark scales, try going one darker with the Persian scale - it's the same but with the added darkness of a diminished 5th. I love the musical opportunities with this scale. 

C Db E F Gb Ab B C

(isn't that Fsus4 an Fsus2?)
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • Its only 1 note different to my fave scale - phygian dominant...with which I just did this spicy thang (in D tho). 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4915
    I lost interest before he got to playing anything.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • this is really cool...if only there was some tablature for it...i stumble upon a few of these progressions in the stuff i write...but never can work out where to go after wards...