Usb midi host for zoom and others

mattismetalmattismetal Frets: 90
edited September 2017 in FX
I was reading through a thread from a while back by digitalscream on a usb host board that could be used for midi patch changes on the zoom pedals.
I found this on the same site

http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/usb-midi-converter?keyword=MIDI host

This one's already assembled which is a bonus for an electronics amateur like me
It will only control 1 usb device.
there are some limitations such as the zooms only respond to patch changes without trails on delay and reverb but for anyone with a midi controller, this adds up to 6 effects or amp modelling for pretty cheap
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I was reading through a thread from a while back by digitalscream on a usb host board that could be used for midi patch changes on the zoom pedals.
    I found this on the same site

http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/usb-midi-converter?keyword=MIDI host

This one's already assembled which is a bonus for an electronics amateur like me
    It will only control 1 usb device.
    there are some limitations such as the zooms only respond to patch changes without trails on delay and reverb but for anyone with a midi controller, this adds up to 6 effects or amp modelling for pretty cheap
    Yep - that's a good find. They certainly didn't have that back when I originally made mine (which has long since disappeared, sadly).

It's worth noting that the Zoom MS70CDR (for example) may well respond to other MIDI commands; the intersection of "guitarists wanting to make the Zoom pedals do more", "people with enough electronics knowledge to make one of these" and "people with enough tech knowledge to reverse-engineer MIDI tables" is pretty bloody small, though, so nobody has worked out what it can and can't do (to my knowledge).

Also of note is the fact that TC TonePrint pedals also respond to MIDI commands - that's how the PC Editor works, and the pedals themselves register as USB MIDI devices.

For somebody with a lot of time on their hands, one of those units with these pedals could make a small-but-brilliantly-capable multi-effects unit for very little cash.
    <space for hire>
  • Well, the unit arrived and I'm now happily switching between presets with a decibel eleven switch dr.
    Must find some time to try and find those other functions! digitalscream