My first pedalboard...

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LuttiS said:
    Thanks guys, a tuner pedal and a delay and im there then!
    I've got a Joyo quattro delay that's going spare and you can have for peanuts of that's of any interest. 
    if he doesn't have it let me know - i've got some peanuts around here somewhere, a Quattro's on my list :)
    I'm in Huddersfield... It's sitting in a box

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LuttiS said:
    Thanks guys, a tuner pedal and a delay and im there then!
    I've got a Joyo quattro delay that's going spare and you can have for peanuts of that's of any interest. 
    if he doesn't have it let me know - i've got some peanuts around here somewhere, a Quattro's on my list :)
    I'm in Huddersfield... It's sitting in a box
    If only we were talking about this last week, I'd have known when I'd see you then!!
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • ...it was sat in a bag in my boot in the Quad car park all day. If that makes you feel any better! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • ...it was sat in a bag in my boot in the Quad car park all day. If that makes you feel any better! 
    Haha - well it was a great day pedal sales notwithstanding.

A lot of people seem to be getting Helix's and other clever little boxes, so I need to try and shape my indie kid sound as well as, actually play properly! 

Sometimes the real scary thing is just lack of time, to practise, to make patches, my work life seriously impacts my guitar playing! :scream: 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited September 2017
    I'd like to recommend the Zoom MS-70 CDR. It's a great multi-fx in a regular pedal-sized format. It has good delays, reverbs, modulations and pitch effects (no distortions, amps or compression) and now with the free firmware update, you can get additional effects like auto-wah and more options that featured in their MS-50 model. Last but not least, it has a decent tuner on board and these can be picked up used for around £50.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    Kebabkid said:
    I'd like to recommend the Zoom MS-70 CDR. It's a great multi-fx in a regular pedal-sized format. It has good delays, reverbs, modulations and pitch effects (no distortions, amps or compression) and now with the free firmware update, you can get additional effects like auto-wah and more options that featured in their MS-50 model. Last but not last, it has a decent tuner on board and these can be picked up used for around £50.
    Good shout. If you go for an MS50G or MS100BT you get amp and cab modelling thrown in too so you have a back-up right there on your board if your amp dies.
    I think they're a great, affordable solution that cover a lot of bases in a small footprint. 
    Of course, there might be specific effects that you need to create YOUR sound but the Zoom's can help you zone in on what's important to you.
  • My amazon keeps popping up with these suspiciously cheap Donner pedals and bits - are these avoid at all costs terrible because they look good for the outlay...
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited September 2017
    Ro_S said:
    @ OP

what pedals do you have at present?

what amp/s do you use?

what guitars/pickups do you use?

what music/band/sounds do you like?

I currently have a vox wah, behringer tubescreamer clone, a boss looper, boss overdrive, boss chorus, trio band creator

I've got a boss katana as a main amp currently.

I've got lots of different guitars, mostly about les pauls and teles.

I'm a big fan of indie and alt rock, like a bit of everything.

The katana does a lot itself but feel the need to carry some tones on me for future events!

I suggest you add:

- a Rat distortion

-a Line 6 M5 or Zoom MS-70 CDR
    use  for delay and reverb and experiment with all the other effects.  they'll always have a use regardless of how you progress with pedals.  they're incredible value for money. m  -- oh, and i think they include a tuner

p.s. you dont need a Fulltone Fulldrive; you have an SD1.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Saw the thread title, thought of this...if fisher price made pedalboards.

http://mooeraudio.com/?product/201705162068.html

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    dindude said:

Don't get why people don't like it, silly name but looks good IMO
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3307
    edited September 2017
    John_A said:
    dindude said:

Look at it again and you'll see why it's called that

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Kebabkid said:
    John_A said:
    dindude said:

Look at it again and you'll see why it's called that

Like it even more (Mooer) now. :)
  • steersteer Frets: 1188
    My amazon keeps popping up with these suspiciously cheap Donner pedals and bits - are these avoid at all costs terrible because they look good for the outlay...
    The one Donner pedal I have is very good. 
  • My amazon keeps popping up with these suspiciously cheap Donner pedals and bits - are these avoid at all costs terrible because they look good for the outlay...

I bought a donner fall out delay to see what they were all about. I bagged one on evil bay for the princely sum of £15.  and, its not bad at all for the money! I wouldn't use it live because the pots aren't very accurate. for example they are more stages rather than an actual sliding scale. like the effect is the same for the last 1/4 turn in the number of repeats it produces.  but as a back up or messing about in the house pedal you cant fall off in terms of value.
  • Thanks all, given me a lot to think about