Comments

• It's the Music Locker, catering to the 'fool-and-his-money' crowd. 

Check out their warranty and ts&cs for more of a laugh.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Their definition of "serviced" has no parallels with the motor industry.
  • I was looking at this amp whilst it was on here as i was seriously interested, but to double the price is beyond cheeky.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72307
    Curious that the chassis doesn't seem to fit the cabinet properly. There's always a bit of front-to-back movement possible, but that does look a long way back.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• I think he did that to hide the fact that it was the same amp from here.

ie it looks a bit different. but if you look at the marks on the grill it is clearly the same amp.
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    It's a long way from 'almost mint condition' to my way of thinking.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm sure @jkirk170493 is just allowing for the eBay and PayPal fees in his listed price ;)
  • "SRV had two of them, what more needs to be said"... well for a start, how about who gives a monkeys? IIRC Gary Moore used one on the Blues for Greeny album as well, but I'm not going to play like him any better either by buying this amp.  

Stupid stuff.  I don't know Fender amps particularly well but I believe Vibroverbs are relatively rare, so collectors will know the right price and they're the only market for a six grand amp.

Amateurs.
  • IvisonGuitarsIvisonGuitars Frets: 6838
    edited September 2017 tFB Trader
    So, not content with posting the VERY obvious 'how much is this worth' fishing threads, are The Music Locker another dealer skimming the classifieds here too then?

http://www.ivisonguitars.com
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    edited September 2017
    miserneil said:
    So are The Music Locker another dealer skimming the classifieds here then?
    Is there any actual proof that this is the same amp?  Apart from the the images on the previous sales thread showing the serial numbers are the same and the transformer codes and markings are identical, could just be a coincidence.
    http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/109366/

Don't jump to conclusions Neil!
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    nickb_boy said:
    miserneil said:
    Is there any actual proof that this is the same amp?  Apart from the the images on the previous sales thread showing the serial numbers are the same and the transformer codes and markings are identical, could just be a confidence.

But I'm from Herefordshire....I LOVE a good lynching!! 
    (formerly miserneil)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • miserneil said:
    nickb_boy said:
    miserneil said:
    Is there any actual proof that this is the same amp?  Apart from the the images on the previous sales thread showing the serial numbers are the same and the transformer codes and markings are identical, could just be a coincidence.

But I'm from Herefordshire....I LOVE a good lynching!! 
    Just wait till you hear what the forum discount price is though!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nickb_boy said:
    I'm sure @jkirk170493 is just allowing for the eBay and PayPal fees in his listed price ;)
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for this thread. Nick, thank you, you're right! I can also assure you we didn't buy it through the forum, nor at that price. It was actually through eBay at a totally different price. Then factor in tech fees, eBay fees, PayPal fees, postage, packaging, etc, etc. 

We love our jobs, it's a privilege to work at something you are passionate about - music - but it is also something we need to make money in in order to live. This is our sole income. 

Thanks again, and if any of you ever want to come over to our place and have a look around, you're welcome!

God Bless, Jono
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Out of interest, I wonder how much the Music Locker bought it for off eBay, I couldn't find it in completed listings. @hesthekeeper ?
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Out of interest, I wonder how much the Music Locker bought it for off eBay, I couldn't find it in completed listings. @hesthekeeper ?
    This was the last listing on eBay I saw for it but it was listed at £3k and ended  unsold on the 6th August.  Might be a coincidence but the seller also had the username hesthekeeper:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/172799840933

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Modulus_AmpsModulus_Amps Frets: 2576
    tFB Trader
    Same amp, same serial number. if you didn't buy it the first time you won't be buying it now.

It does need moved back into the right position though, is is sitting too far back and at that price the ebay listing should have gut shots and probably a demo video too.

• OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10362
    Their definition of "serviced" has no parallels with the motor industry.
    More then in the way that a bull 'services' cows in the farming industry :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• RoxRox Frets: 2147
    The photos appear to have been taken in someone's Nan's parlour.
    tFB Trader
    nickb_boy said:
    I'm sure @jkirk170493 is just allowing for the eBay and PayPal fees in his listed price
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for this thread. Nick, thank you, you're right! I can also assure you we didn't buy it through the forum, nor at that price. It was actually through eBay at a totally different price. Then factor in tech fees, eBay fees, PayPal fees, postage, packaging, etc, etc. 

We love our jobs, it's a privilege to work at something you are passionate about - music - but it is also something we need to make money in in order to live. This is our sole income. 

Thanks again, and if any of you ever want to come over to our place and have a look around, you're welcome!

God Bless, Jono
    Hey Jono,

Thanks for clarifying. So, purely out of interest - i'm not digging or trying to catch you out here - but if the amp was on eBay at £3k, which IMO was priced pretty competitively and nobody bought it (and bearing in mind EVERY vintage guitar dealer in London has a computer on the counter that is permanently on eBay looking for gear...), the seller obviously knew the value of the amp so I doubt he knocked much off, so what's the motivation in putting it up a few weeks later for close to £6k? Surely you're expecting to hang onto it for a long while at that price? Or does the fact that it's now being sold through a 'dealer' really add that much weight to the price? It's a genuine question, not a dig by the way :-) 
    (formerly miserneil)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • DJH83004DJH83004 Frets: 196
    edited September 2017
    Without getting involved in any discussions on pricing, I can say that I have given this amp a check over, and I agree that the chassis is sitting quite far back in the cab, and although there is some lateral movement on the chassis straps and machine screws, generally they sit where they sit and of course on BFs, the front grille / baffle is screwed to the cab so all pretty well fixed. I am satisfied all is in order cab / chassis wise, and I have worked on enough BFs to know.

The chassis is very original, the three disc ceramics on the trem have been replaced, the electrolytics are the original Mallory cardboard cased caps, which are actually still operational, If it were to be used in anger they would certainly need changing, but collectors apparently want them as original as possible, so that is the brief.

I must say however, it sounds absolutely awesome, (I have owned a good number of BFs over the years and still have a reasonable collection of drip edge SFs), but the with the 15" JBL, it sounds huge!