NAD: Redmere Soloist

What's Hot
HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
edited September 2017 in Amps

Today, I drove over to the wilds of Leicestershire to pick up a piece of vintage equipment very dear to my heart...a late '70's PA:CE Redmere Soloist head (chassis only, in this case).

As per usual, I've already got a few, but couldn't resist another.

It's untested as yet, but apparently had a whole lot of work done before it was consigned to storage around 5 years ago.

If you want to find out more about these amps, there's lots of information here.

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30826
    HarrySeven

As per usual, I've already got a few, but couldn't resist another. :)

I'm just musing, in which particular scenario would you need to run more than one of these?

;)

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • He doesn't play through them. Like Tony Hancock in "The Missing Page", asking the librarian for numerous weighty tomes, H7 uses his amp heads to add enough height to reach the disreputable items on the top shelf.
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That was the Helix of it's time, wasn't it?
  • That was the Helix of it's time, wasn't it?

It certainly was a brave(?) move in that direction...

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Looks like a lot of fun.
  • ESBlondeESBlonde Frets: 3576
    Remember reading about thier launch in the International musician mags back in the day. Very commendable effort that didn't take off in the times people were starting to think all 'valvey' or using cheap used HH combos.
    PA:CE did revolutionise the Pub PA though with cheaper mixers, crossovers and power amps before the chinese revolution and Behringer era.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    I have no idea what that is at all bit it is sooo sexy!
  • What that is is evidence of H7's attempts at perpetual motion.

He has a big gear clear out then, almost immediately, buys more examples of some of the stuff that he just sold.
    Be seeing you.
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    edited September 2017
    What that is is evidence of H7's attempts at perpetual motion.

He has a big gear clear out then, almost immediately, buys more examples of some of the stuff that he just sold.
    Ah, that's where you're wrong! The Redmeres never went anywhere... :)

• Word on the street is that they all went to the West Midlands. 
    Be seeing you.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Word on the street is that they all went to the West Midlands. 
    Hmmmm...the H7 critical mass does indeed extend a strong gravitational pull...

• DennisBDennisB Frets: 1
    I have another Soloist (currently all stripped down for e-cap replacement). If any one needs access to schematics give me a shout. Re @HarrySevens comment about West Midlands - I bought this in Coventry many moons ago and it has a Sound Pad (Leicester) service label on the chassis...

• DennisBDennisB Frets: 1
    Decided to break the Solist for spares if anyone is interested? Only the Rola Celestion G12-80's are on eBay atm. Still have the cabinet (rough condition), chassis & PCBs in OK condition, and the elusive 3 button, "programmable" footswitch  
  • HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8017
    DennisB said:
    Decided to break the Solist for spares if anyone is interested? Only the Rola Celestion G12-80's are on eBay atm. Still have the cabinet (rough condition), chassis & PCBs in OK condition, and the elusive 3 button, "programmable" footswitch  
    Yes, potentially...