GFI Specular Tempus

What's Hot
EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293

don't think I've seen this mentioned on here, Andertons listing them at £279 from12/9/17. 13 reverbs, 13 delays, 6 combination algorithms,8 presets, lots of tweakability via a downloadable editor, MIDI, clever little auxes ( change amp channels with patches, have an external tap tempo), auto knob swell ( sounds painful, like the tc Mash feature although assignable I don't think as editable), not very big. 
Seems to replace the reverb and delay pedals in the GFI line up. 
Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I was just looking at this myself.  Looks really good.  I like the idea of delay and reverb being combined, but most pedals that do it either the reverb or delay is an afterthought.   The Algorithm list looks great as well.  This would go great on my mini board....

• I had the GFI delay for a bit which did some amazing stuff in a little box but ultimately a bit complex for me when making changes live. There's an option with the Specular Tempus to have a second foot switch plugged in that covers tap tempo, banks and auto swell so you're less reliant on the switches having multi functions although that then increases the footprint.  
    Some lovely sounds on this though and a very neat design. 
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    GFi Delay and reverb both great, if - as said above - a little tricky to tweak. That looks a great price for a box that can do a lot...
  • There's an option with the Specular Tempus to have a second foot switch plugged in that covers tap tempo, banks and auto swell so you're less reliant on the switches having multi functions although that then increases the footprint. 

It's all very well making a teeny tiny pedal, but if it requires an extra thing connected to it to make it useable, why not just make it bigger to start with?

If it does a ton of different stuff (and it looks like the Specular Tempus does) I don't think most players will begrudge giving up a chunk of pedalboard acreage. 

Not sure I like the idea of footswitches on the front of the pedal either. 

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Andertons sold out - anywhere else selling them?
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16293
    Chalky said:
    Andertons sold out - anywhere else selling them?
    Featured on the Tuesday That Pedal Show this week, maybe that created a surge.

Fairly sure Andertons are the only UK seller, for quite a long time you only saw GFI pedals that had been purchased abroad. english_bob said:
    There's an option with the Specular Tempus to have a second foot switch plugged in that covers tap tempo, banks and auto swell so you're less reliant on the switches having multi functions although that then increases the footprint. 

It's all very well making a teeny tiny pedal, but if it requires an extra thing connected to it to make it useable, why not just make it bigger to start with?

If it does a ton of different stuff (and it looks like the Specular Tempus does) I don't think most players will begrudge giving up a chunk of pedalboard acreage. 

Not sure I like the idea of footswitches on the front of the pedal either. 
    The sockets on the front are for MIDI or for connecting auxiliary foot switches so they are only in use when you aren't actually stomping on the pedal itself and so, potentially, they wouldn't really be in the way. 
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    I have been very tempted by the clockwork delay for a small board, the videos of the tape models sound ace.
    they don't seem to have moved many of them over to the tempus.
  • neioneio Frets: 15
    Got myself a Specular Tempus last summer. Replaced my HOF mini =) and it serves me well so far.

• Anderton's have jacked up the price of these pedals to £300.00 as at 4th Jan 2018. And they are out of stock until Feb HOWEVER... you can get them from Musik Produktiv for £274.00 
  • Mine arrived a couple of days ago but I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet. 
  • RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13938
    edited March 2018
    Reviving this. Are you still liking the Specular Tempus? As well as the big ambient washes what's it like for simpler stuff like basic slapbacks, hall reverbs, medium background delays, room reverbs etc?

• jacklawteyjacklawtey Frets: 284
    Second blast on the defibrillator here from me. Possibly, maybe, flirting with the idea of swapping my Big Sky out for one - anyone here able to convince me one way or the other?
  • ChalkyChalky Frets: 6811
    Anybody selling one of these secondhand?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    Mine arrived a couple of days ago but I haven't had a chance to plug it in yet. 
    Do you still rate this mate ?
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1446
    Yeah, I love it. Made me sell my Strymons. Did you see the video I put up of the guy going through all the algorithms?
    Yeah, I love it. Made me sell my Strymons. Did you see the video I put up of the guy going through all the algorithms?
    I didnt no mate... ill have a search
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    Great pedal. Really rate the gfi delays and verbs. 
  • PFAllen2PFAllen2 Frets: 237
    @Wazmeister PM’d
    Click here for my Trading Feedback
    PFAllen2 said:
    PM'd back :)
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Reviving again.

Can you combine Algorithms? Like if you want to use the dual delay and plate reverb?

Or does it do one thing at a time?