vintage Lowden truss rod adjustments

What's Hot
EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
Could someone tell me how to do this. Accessing the rod is a nightmare. I'd really appreciate the thoughts of a pro as it is the only guitar I can't do it on that I've ever seen. Help me ICBM .....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I seem to recall that Lowden had a special tool made which they sent out if asked - essentially an odd shaped 5mm allen key type thing. Why not give George Lowden a bell and ask him to send you one. 
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7751
    if it's recessed too far for a std. allen key to reach then what I do is stick the long end in and then use a ring spanner on the other end to turn it.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72244
    It's not deeply recessed, it's much worse than that - up behind the top brace. You either need some sort of special Allen key with a kink in it which I've never seen, or just to slacken the strings and get your hand up under the fingerboard with an ordinary one...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7751
    ah, ok - never encountered one.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited August 2013

Top one is the Lowden wrench, bottom one a bastardised Larrivee.