NanoWriMo

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• When Ma is in author mode she claims to churn out 5000 words a day. She manages three novels a year so I guess she must write quite quickly.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I can cope with 1,000 words per day too. I might have something resembling a story by November as well at that rate :)

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • So I have loosely plotted the first chapter and last chapter...now just need to join them up.....and write 50k words about it in november
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • So I have loosely plotted the first chapter and last chapter...now just need to join them up.....and write 50k words about it in november
    No cheating. Not one word written until 1st Nov. 
  • plotting is allowed as far as i know
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • plotting is allowed as far as i know
    Yeah. That's what I've been told.
  • plotting revenge is allowed......
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    @PolarityMan I searched for you and Sam last night but couldn't find you. I'll try again today.

I've been toying with an idea for a ghost story for a while which is what I've chosen for the competition. I'm going to have to tone down the gore though ;)
    @TheBlueWolf - I remember the one you wrote that won the short-story compo on here a while back - that was pretty wild...

• DLMDLM Frets: 2513
    When Ma is in author mode she claims to churn out 5000 words a day. She manages three novels a year so I guess she must write quite quickly.
    ZOMG. Like Nora Roberts. 8 hour days, on holiday or not.

I wonder what sort of world we'd be living in if GRRM had the same work ethic?
  • Nitefly said:
    @PolarityMan I searched for you and Sam last night but couldn't find you. I'll try again today.

I've been toying with an idea for a ghost story for a while which is what I've chosen for the competition. I'm going to have to tone down the gore though ;)
    @TheBlueWolf - I remember the one you wrote that won the short-story compo on here a while back - that was pretty wild...

Thanks! This one is going to be a disappointment then lol

Twisted Imaginings - A Horror And Gore Themed Blog http://bit.ly/2DF1NYi

• holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I've started writing my prologue, is that illegal?

I can only do about 400 words an hour and have a thesaurus open in another tab. Hopefully the more I do it the easier it gets.
    My V key is broken
  • I think the spirit of the challenge get is the most important part. If youve written something at the end of Nov that you would t have done otherwise then in my view it's a win.

I'm not actually writing yet but I am pulling together some other points and trying to get character names and stuff sorted.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Oh nice. I've signed up there as holnrew
    My V key is broken
  • Yes, it is kinda cheating to write anything before November. That isn't necessarily a bad thing - any writing practise is good (and the Nano crowd do write throughout the year and have social meet-ups) - but it does, afaik, breach the core concept rules.

It doesn't take ten seconds to type a word. You can manage more than 400 words an hour if you stop worrying so much about the words - that's what Nano is about. If you want to write the best book you can write then start now. If you want to use the Nano method of becoming a better writer then start a new one on Nov 1st.

• So to resurrect this, I completed NanoWriMo again this year, this time pulling in 50024 words with 4 mins to spare.

Its a continuation of the project i worked on last year so thats a little shy of 10100 words of novel that I now need to start editing into a shape that is fit for consumption.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ