Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Northampton Jam Session - Sunday 3rd December - 1 to 5pm

What's Hot

Comments

• BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @Hyweig kindly shared his song sheets which included Stay With Me so I'll dig it out. I feel that the Nimmo Brothers version of Wishing Well from the earlier suggestions or Hard To Handle would be ok choices. The only track I personally have nailed out of these three is Wishing Well but happy to try and learn the others!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Stay with me is a great song, one of my favourites, although I've never tried to play along.
    I am assigned to a few songs so I was staying out of this more recent discussion.
    ...Wishing well is good too, I would add.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6794
    Hard to handle doesn’t have that many sections to jam in - though it’s good as a full cover version.
    let do wishing well then - let me check the drums out and I’ll confirm if I can play it.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    aord43 said:
    Stay with me is a great song, one of my favourites, although I've never tried to play along.
    I am assigned to a few songs so I was staying out of this more recent discussion.
    These are much more informal than the proper songs- we can stop and play bits over if needed so I don’t expect anyone to be note perfect. The aim was to give people a chance to come slightly prepared (by knowing the chords/mainriff) rather than have @Brocco shout out A - D - E when the chords change as we ended up doing at the Leicester informal jam when nobody knew the same songs!

I’ll bring song/chord sheets for these so anyone can join in.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Wishing Well seems ideal for jamming- cool - will update the googlesheet and stick up the final list.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1

OK, Final list of attendees -

Everyones signed up for some songs except Thorpyfx who will join in the jam songs. Looks like we have plenty of equipment, but feel free to bring other stuff if you want to. - Ah sorry just noticed impmann isn't down as a singer - will fix that in next update.

Final song list below. If I've got any of the keys (or players) wrong let me know - We'll do Fallen in Love and Fortunate son twice as there's four guitars on that (and can do other songs again if needed).

Freeform jam songs are for anyone to sit in on - playing other instruments, trying out 'on the spot' solo ideas, trying new rhythm styles, riffs, new fx pedals, etc so they aren't 'note for note' covers. The aim is to make sure we are all at least playing the same song in the same key with the same tempo and it doesnt turn into an endless "12 bar blues" fest (due to lack of a people knowing any common songs). I'll bring the song structures/chords/words for these and people can practice/learn bits in the second room in advance if needed.  

Hope that suits what everyone wants to get from the event - if not let me know.

Theres only 3 rules:-

1) Don't be a dick.

2) Encourage others - especially me Ive only played drums in public once before!

3) Have fun and push yourself to try new stuff.

I'll send out a logistics post next weekend.

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1

Doh! Forgot Wishing Well - expect an updated songlist soon!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    Well done Mark,
    That looks like a varied selection and a good day out.

Looking forward to it.
    edited November 2017
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    @flink_poyd - can you add Faces - "Stay with me" and Free - "wishing well" to the spotify list please? Thanks. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    Great stuff, thanks for this.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    mrkb said:

Final song list (V2) - added Wishing well

@ttony - can you add the image below and the attendees list three posts above into the second post please of this thread

All done
    :)

If I'm free on the day, and promise to sit at the back and not make any noise (or plug anything in), would I be allowed to pop along?
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Of course @ttony ! Feel free, there should be plenty to play on if you want to sit in on anything.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12665
    @ttony - you are welcome to have a play on a certain guitar... as long as I get it back...
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    Thanks guys.

@impmann ... I never break a promise.

So, no promises
    :D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    Just wondering if any other "improvers" woukd be interested in a side-thread aimed at sharing knowledge and challenges on tracks agreed for the Northampton jam?
    Brocco said:
    Just wondering if any other "improvers" woukd be interested in a side-thread aimed at sharing knowledge and challenges on tracks agreed for the Northampton jam?
    Yeah definitely!

mrkb said:
    @flink_poyd - can you add Faces - "Stay with me" and Free - "wishing well" to the spotify list please? Thanks. 
    Is there a new playlist for Northampton?  If so, is there a link or at least tell me what to search for?
    Thanks!