Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Northampton Jam Session - Sunday 3rd December - 1 to 5pm

What's Hot

Comments

• BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    TTony said:
    will send the special file to you later to your email. 

Draw the curtains first...
    @Bridgehouse ;

*is* there a track, or is this a jokey that flew well over my head??
    Er I may have forgotten that... will do it tonight
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11753
    Only a week to go! :)

Looking forward to seeing you all.

Gear-wise I don't have any "oooh" stuff, just bringing my Les Paul Studio, possibly my Squier Classic Vibe Tele and my electro-acoustic for WDIAROM, and my Boss Katana 50.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2083
    edited November 2017
    I have a few guitars on the hangers at the moment....any preferences to try out ?.....as I cant be bothered to get any more out...

PRS 513
    Gibson SG 61RI
    Musicman Axis super sport
    Gibson Les Paul Axcess
    Gibson LP Junior (2015)
    Fender Blacktop HH strat.

But ....If you do have a mad desire to try a Rick 360 / Gibson Explorer / Parker / Yamaha SG3000....let me know.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27445
    TTony said:

@Bridgehouse ;

It's obviously *very* forgettable.  Perhaps it's not one I should bother with ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    TTony said:
    TTony said:

@Bridgehouse ;

It's obviously *very* forgettable.  Perhaps it's not one I should bother with ...
    Ffs. Sorry. I'm on it
  • @spark240 I'd love to see that Parker fella.

I've been so smashed with work this has completely slipped my mind. I'll be down on the day and will bring some pedals and a guitar or two. 
    It looks like that playing side of things is covered. So I will be emergency sub. If anyone pulls out I will pick up what they were playing.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    @spark240 I'd love to see that Parker fella.

I've been so smashed with work this has completely slipped my mind. I'll be down on the day and will bring some pedals and a guitar or two. 
    It looks like that playing side of things is covered. So I will be emergency sub. If anyone pulls out I will pick up what they were playing.
    Its on the list !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    edited November 2017
    @spark240 - I wouldn't mind a look / try of the MM Axis Super Sport to see how the neck feels please. Only if you want have too much to haul already.

I was going to bring my Code 25 and either a Tele Elite or PRS CU24, but if there is any interest in trying an Eastman 184, or a couple of G&Ls (s500 or Bluesboy), I could fit another guitar in.
    TADodger said:
    @spark240 - I wouldn't mind a look / try of the MM Axis Super Sport to see how the neck feels please. Only if you want have too much to haul already.

I was going to bring my Code 25 and either a Tele Elite or PRS CU24, but if there is any interest in trying an Eastman 184, or a couple of G&Ls (s500 or Bluesboy), I could fit another guitar in.
    The EBMM is in !

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    @TADodger looking forward to connecting again. The Eastman would be nice to try if you do happen to bring it. 
    Brocco said:
    @TADodger looking forward to connecting again. The Eastman would be nice to try if you do happen to bring it. 
    This what I like about these events....the opportunity to try different gear in a friendly environment, with people who have been using it for a while, much better than a shop.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • TADodgerTADodger Frets: 211
    Brocco said:
    I will squeeze it in!
  • BroccoBrocco Frets: 88
    As we will not have keys at the jam it might be worth checking out the Nimmo Brothers version of Wishing Well (from their Brother To Brother album).

Things have gone a little quiet ahead of Sunday - how is the practice going?
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12664
    Practice? What practice? Its a jam... ;-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6786

Ive been drumming like mad - So should be Ok for most of the songs. Finding "Sunshine of your love" a git though - kick on the 2 and 4 rather than the usual 1 and 3 screws with three years of drumming!

I'll send out final instructions tonight with a map, etc. 

I'm looking forward to it!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27445
    I guess I should mention it to my wife ...

And work out which guitar to bring along.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    mrkb said:

Ive been drumming like mad - So should be Ok for most of the songs. Finding "Sunshine of your love" a git though - kick on the 2 and 4 rather than the usual 1 and 3 screws with three years of drumming!

I'll send out final instructions tonight with a map, etc. 

I'm looking forward to it!

I seem to remember that in Leicester, @octatonic said he was going to do standard drum pattern (whatever that is) for that song.  It seemed to work OK when we played it!
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Brocco said:
    As we will not have keys at the jam it might be worth checking out the Nimmo Brothers version of Wishing Well (from their Brother To Brother album).

Things have gone a little quiet ahead of Sunday - how is the practice going?
    Iffy...but hey I am not so nervous, having done Leicester.  Not because I am feeling confident but because I am less concerned about the potential to cock it up, it's all fun.  The fast (for me) run in the middle of the Live Forever solo is just a bit tricky for my fingers.  But I still want to give it a go :)
    ellwood said:
    I'm proper late to the party on this one....but would it be ok to come over and hang around? You probably have more than enough players but it would be great to meet a few people. Happy to bring a guitar or two if there is anything in the herd anyone wants to try.
    Just realised I hadn’t responded to this - sorry!
    You’d be most welcome- we’re currently at 15 people (assuming no late drop outs), but there should be plenty of opportunity to join in and help others out with a bit of backing when needed, etc. 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    edited November 2017

OK, logistics....

Were playing at Stalkers Studio http://www.stalkersstudio.co.uk/

Stalkers Studio, Heathfield Way, Northampton ,NN5 7QP

We are booked in from 1pm to 5pm in the Blackstar and Carter rooms (which are adjoining). We'll be setting up from 1 and start about 1.30ish.

Theres no catering facilities inside so bring what you need - there are food places outside, but Im not sure if they are open on a Sunday. 

Its located in an industrial unit. Go through the "Loading Bay" in the image below, walk up the slope, and take the first Right (through a set of doubledoors), and the rooms are halfway down on the LHS.

They have a pallet truck for loading/unloading if needed.

Parking is anywhere you can find in the surrounding area - suggest you drop off outside first - there should be plenty of us around to help.

Bring a stand for your guitars so they aren't left on the floor or leant precariously against amps.

If you want my mobile number PM me (Im not sticking it on a public forum!)

See you on Sunday!

Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1